Looking For Alaska Fantasy Baseball Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking For Alaska Fantasy Baseball Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking For Alaska Fantasy Baseball Players

Postby rick6886 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:38 pm

Yes, even in the frozen North we play Fantasy Baseball!!!

I am looking to start an auction keeper keeper league, right now we have about 6 guys I would like to get 12 (or even 14 !!!). It will be Mixed with standard 5X5 roto rules. League Fee will be a flat 100 dollars. Top 5 get a payout after the cost of the website (probably Sportsline) is subtracted. There will be free agency, trading, waivers the whole nine yards...

Potential draft day is Friday April 2nd. I live in the Fairbanks area so it will be somewhere up here, we may have to use MSN Messenger (I am hoping to get inperson draft, but it is Alaska...)

I have a constitution completed and I will e-mail it to you upon request.

Any other questions, please e-mail me at mailto:rick6886@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Rick
rick6886
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:45 pm

You might want to make the draft sooner. The season will have already started by April 2nd:

Rotoworld wrote:MLB made it official today, announcing that the Yankees and Devil Rays would play a two-game series in Japan on March 30 and 31.
Because this is MLB and everything is dictated by money, both games will count as Devil Rays home dates. After the series, the Rays and Yankees won't play again until April 6, allowing the No. 1 and No. 2 starters for each team to pitch twice in the first four games of the season. The Rays likely will go with Jeremi Gonzalez and Victor Zambrano twice before using any of their other starters. The Yankees could do the same with Mike Mussina and Javier Vazquez. While Kevin Brown might actually be the team's best pitcher, holding him back until the fifth game of the season would make sense.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rick6886 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:35 pm

The draft date is not set in stone, and only 2 games will be in the books on April 2nd (the 2 game series between Yanks and Rays), everyone else doesn't start till Sunday April 4th or Monday April 5th. Unless someone goes down with a season ending injury those 2 games shouldn't really effect your draft board.

Thanks for the heads up...

Rick
rick6886
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Alaska Baseball

Postby AWFL » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:27 pm

I'm interested in your league... live in Anchorage, and probably can't make the commute to Fairbanks for a draft, but I'd like to see your constitution just in case. I've been trying to form an auction keeper league down here, but I've only got about 4 maybe's. Perhaps if need be, we can combine our 2 half-leagues if it comes to that?

Other downsides... I'm military, and will be leaving in the middle of the '05 season, which is one of the reasons I'm trying to start an internet-based league (Around the World Fantasy League).

You can email me at admin@(removethis)awflsports.net

Thanks,
-=jim=-
AWFL

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby rick6886 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:02 am

Jim,

what is your e-mail address, I just took the (remove this) out and sent you an e-mail at mailto:admin@awflsports.net. I attached the constitution as well. Let me know if you get everything

Thanks

Rick
rick6886
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rick6886 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:08 am

bumping this up, still looking for a few more players

Rick
rick6886
Little League Legend
Little League Legend