Andy LaRoche has 3b job for LA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Andy LaRoche has 3b job for LA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu May 10, 2007 12:59 pm

jnormy wrote:So what does the Cafe think? Is he gonna stick as LA's third baseman? Or is a trip back down in his future?

There is a time-tested answer to your query: If he gets the job done, he'll stick. That's what da Bums brought him up for.
Which means the decision isn't really in the hands of the Cafe, or to a certain extent even the Dodgers coaching staff and management. It's in Marte's hands. Keep an eye on the situation.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnormy » Fri May 11, 2007 10:57 am

AKhomebrewer wrote:
jnormy wrote:So what does the Cafe think? Is he gonna stick as LA's third baseman? Or is a trip back down in his future?

There is a time-tested answer to your query: If he gets the job done, he'll stick. That's what da Bums brought him up for.
Which means the decision isn't really in the hands of the Cafe, or to a certain extent even the Dodgers coaching staff and management. It's in Marte's hands. Keep an eye on the situation.

Marte's hands? Huh?

Anyway, I realize nobody can possibly know for sure what's gonna happen until we see if he performs. I was simply wondering what people's opinions were about what they thought might happen...just looking for a little friendly speculation, esp. if anyone has any "insider" insights.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby zepfan » Tue May 15, 2007 1:28 am

A few more good games and they would have to make him a starter soon. He didn't start tonight but he's now now batting .316 with a nice 8/2 walk to strikeout ratio.
Anyone know how much power we should expect from this guy? I'm actually considering dropping Eric Chavez instead of him in a keeper.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby poopdungbeatle » Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 am

i would drop Chavez for Laroche in a keeper. I even have Laroche now in a non keeper. If he plays well and gets the 3b job all to himself. I expect an avg of about .280 / 15-18 homeruns / 60-70 RBI / and 14-17 SB.
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseballboy » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am

baseballboy wrote:I've seen Andy 3 times this year in triple A (Las Vegas) and he just looks over-matched at the plate. He projects to be a solid player but he's gonna need some time (as in years) before that happens . . . IMO.
I just wanted to bring this post back up regarding LaRoche - 10 days from all the praise he was getting here he sits with a .206 average, 0 homers, & 3 RBI's. Again I feel with a few years under his belt he'll be fantasy worthy but will not be ready for a roster spot anytime soon.
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RawTalent » Thu May 24, 2007 12:03 pm

The .206 average comes with a .429 OBP, but both stats are terribly small and sporadic sample sizes given how the Dodgers have been using him so far. Between starting him every other (or every two) games, and then bringing up Abreu recently, it looks like they're not interested in really giving him a chance to play. It'll be interesting to see if they give him a few games in a row, cause these spot starts every now and again really aren't giving us any good basis on which to judge whether he's ready.
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PBRmeASAP » Thu May 24, 2007 3:50 pm

RawTalent wrote:The .206 average comes with a .429 OBP, but both stats are terribly small and sporadic sample sizes given how the Dodgers have been using him so far. Between starting him every other (or every two) games, and then bringing up Abreu recently, it looks like they're not interested in really giving him a chance to play. It'll be interesting to see if they give him a few games in a row, cause these spot starts every now and again really aren't giving us any good basis on which to judge whether he's ready.

Is he woth holding onto at this point? It appears the Dodgers are going to use him sporadically at best. I am in a keeper, but I need guys who are going to play almost everyday.
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Fri May 25, 2007 4:14 pm

I'm in the same dilema with LaRoche. I don't see how he is going to get any consistent PT with Betemit and the rookie Abreu playing at 3rd also. I might drop him if the situation doesn't change soon.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates