My Team, (8 team league) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Team, (8 team league)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Team, (8 team league)

Postby KrunK » Sat May 05, 2007 10:42 pm

Now that I've got my pitching almost 100%, I like my chances. It's a weekly league with this scoring setup: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

My Starting Hitters:

C - Brian McCann
1B - Ivan Rodriguez
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Miguel Tejada
LF - Manny Ramirez
CF - Alfonso Soriano
RF - Jeff Francoeur
OF - Magglio Ordonez
Util - Edgar Rentaria

Bench (at this moment)

LF - Carl Crawford
CF - Curtis Granderson
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
2B - Robinson Cano

Pitching:

SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - John Maine
SP - Chris Capuano
SP - Jason Marquis

RP - Al Reyes
RP - Takashi Saito
RP - Joe Borowski

I've picked up some gems so far and I think my team is going to be pretty damn good once felix is back and guys like Manny and Soriano get back on track, which they are starting to do. So, what do you think? I dropped Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye earlier in the season when they were both slumping and they're still available. So, once the two of them start showing signs of life I may drop someone like Curtis Granderson to pick them back up. I decided to drop Chris Carpenter in order to pick up Marquis today, I highly doubt anyone in my league will pick up with the news on elbow surgery, so he's another guy I may be able to pick up later on if he's doing well. But, at one time I had Randy Johnson, Hernandez, and Carpenter on the DL and my pitching staff was hurting. I'd say that'll be turned around once Felix starts.
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KrunK » Sun May 06, 2007 1:44 am

Come on now, someone has to have an opinion about my team! :-D
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: My Team, (8 team league)

Postby GymRat33 » Sun May 06, 2007 2:31 am

KrunK wrote:Now that I've got my pitching almost 100%, I like my chances. It's a weekly league with this scoring setup: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

My Starting Hitters:

C - Brian McCann
1B - Ivan Rodriguez
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Miguel Tejada
LF - Manny Ramirez
CF - Alfonso Soriano
RF - Jeff Francoeur
OF - Magglio Ordonez
Util - Edgar Rentaria

Bench (at this moment)

LF - Carl Crawford
CF - Curtis Granderson
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
2B - Robinson Cano

Pitching:

SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - John Maine
SP - Chris Capuano
SP - Jason Marquis

RP - Al Reyes
RP - Takashi Saito
RP - Joe Borowski

I've picked up some gems so far and I think my team is going to be pretty damn good once felix is back and guys like Manny and Soriano get back on track, which they are starting to do. So, what do you think? I dropped Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye earlier in the season when they were both slumping and they're still available. So, once the two of them start showing signs of life I may drop someone like Curtis Granderson to pick them back up. I decided to drop Chris Carpenter in order to pick up Marquis today, I highly doubt anyone in my league will pick up with the news on elbow surgery, so he's another guy I may be able to pick up later on if he's doing well. But, at one time I had Randy Johnson, Hernandez, and Carpenter on the DL and my pitching staff was hurting. I'd say that'll be turned around once Felix starts.

I like your team man. But you are leaving some people on the wire that should not be there. You must go get Konerko (at least) and Dye back ASAP because they are far too valuable to be on the wire even in a 8 teamer. I would dump I-Rod for Konerko and Granderson for Dye before someone else grabs them. Trust me, you can leave I-Rod and Granderson out there and they will still be around if you need em later but Konerko and Dye WILL get snatched up because they are better stat producers quite frankly and put up good numbers consistently. Hope that helps somewhat.

here is mine...
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=282393
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KrunK » Sun May 06, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks for the input! I did what you said and dropped Pudge for Konerko, the only thing Ivan has over Konerko is his batting average, but he hasn't been producing lately and Konerko's average will go up. I dropped Dye earlier in the season (I was impatient, especially with 3 pitchers on the DL), so I'm going to ride Josh Willingham (I dropped Granderson for him earlier today) while he is hot and then pick up Dye when he cools down. From all the transfers I've seen, people in my league (who happen to be all people I know, it's a group we always do fantasy sports with) are making their transfers by checking the list that says whose been added the most and not surfing through the free agents lists. And even if they do go through the free agents list, Dyes numbers aren't impressive enough to catch their eye at the moment. I'm about 95% sure he'll be stashed away for a while.
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby camden » Sun May 06, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm surprised you feel you are 100% set with your pitching!

Your offense is, for lack of a better word, almost brick solid.

I would be looking to upgrade at 1B using Crawford. Consider D. Lee. Maybe you can get a buy low on Tex, say Zimm and Saito.
Also consider moving Crafword until Util and dealing one of your awesome SS for better pitching.

As for pitching, I'm not convinced Marquis will be reliable for you throughout the season. Again, use your depth at OF and SS to land you a solid pitcher, like Webb or Peavy. Someone in your league has to have a top SP he'd like to move for a player of Crawford's or Rentaria's production.

Help with mine please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=282554
Got Peavy?
camden Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team