J. Bay and Stolen Bases - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

J. Bay and Stolen Bases

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J. Bay and Stolen Bases

Postby spark0901 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Where did this guys speed go? He had a decline in SB's last year and hasn't stolent a bag yet this year. What gives?
spark0901
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 158
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:23 pm

his 2005 SBs were an enormous fluke.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4569
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby StringerBell » Sat May 05, 2007 8:46 pm

mak1277 wrote:his 2005 SBs were an enormous fluke.


Plus---isnt he coming off some kind of knee injury?
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 671
Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pgmer123 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:37 pm

yes he had knee surgey in off season.
pgmer123
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 35
Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spark0901 » Sun May 06, 2007 12:38 pm

knee injury!!? man, i didn't know that. I hope that doesn't end up affecting his hitting this year. Any thoughts on whether that might be the case?
spark0901
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 158
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SmartassBoiler » Sun May 06, 2007 1:32 pm

spark0901 wrote:knee injury!!? man, i didn't know that. I hope that doesn't end up affecting his hitting this year. Any thoughts on whether that might be the case?


His hitting is fine. As far as I know, he had knee surgery in the offseason and he's perfectly healthy now.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 455
Joined: 1 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicagoland

Postby masterpinky0509 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:10 pm

He's also an RBI-type slugger, so he doesn't have many opportunities to steal. Very few 3-hitters steal 20+, even if many of them CAN steal that much.
masterpinky0509
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 233
Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 pm

The steals the one year were a fluke like someone mentioned. You can say it's because of his knee surgury but he didn't steal before that last year.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby jfg » Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 pm

jh2031 wrote:The steals the one year were a fluke like someone mentioned. You can say it's because of his knee surgury but he didn't steal before that last year.


Steals shmeals. Lets talk about what happened to the steals once his bat comes to life. Right now he's playing like every other middle of the road outfielder. I'm hoping the knee injury has nothing to do with that.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 84)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:04 pm

jfg wrote:
jh2031 wrote:The steals the one year were a fluke like someone mentioned. You can say it's because of his knee surgury but he didn't steal before that last year.


Steals shmeals. Lets talk about what happened to the steals once his bat comes to life. Right now he's playing like every other middle of the road outfielder. I'm hoping the knee injury has nothing to do with that.


It has nothing to do with his knee. Bay is one of the most frusturating players to own. I've had him two years in a row in a roto league which is good because him being streaky won't hurt you. If you have him in a H2H league...it kills you. He'll have moments like he did last year when he hits .200 for weeks and then he'll hit 10 HR's in 10 or 11 games.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact