Paris Hilton Going to Jail - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Paris Hilton Going to Jail

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Paris Hilton Going to Jail

Postby ThatDude » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 am

The Artful Dodger wrote: I don't know what's more surprising: Paparazzi desperate for work to follow novelty celebrities to Staples or the fact Paris actually shopped at Staples.

That's easy. Paris shopping at Staples is WAY more surprising.

Paparazzi people chasing around anyone that the tabloids will pay cash money for pictures of doesn't surprise me in the least.

I'm kinda racking my brain trying to think of what she could possibly be buying at a Staples. Maybe she was just confused by a commercial and was looking for one of those "Easy Buttons" to help her get out of going to jail.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:34 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm glad to see that the judge stuck to his guns and sent Paris back to jail. The fact that she contracted an undisclosed sickness is no reason to be sent home. Jail is (should be) unpleasant for those detained, but the point is Paris has to be disciplined like the average person would be. I can understand if she's confined away from the other inmates, as long as she does time in jail, and not under house arrest in her posh Hollywood Hills mansion.

BTW, it looks like it's not just Paris who's not taking the news well:

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2863337?cmpn ... es=2863337

Pretty sad, but thought I'd just share it with you while we're on the subject.

But then again, there are paparazzi who stalk celebrities as they shop at Staples of all places, even if they're flashing their cameras through tinted windows outside. I've seen it with my own eyes. Two weeks ago, at the Staples across the street from work, that's what the droves of paparazzi were doing. Guess who they were taking pictures of? Paris Hilton. I don't know what's more surprising: Paparazzi desperate for work to follow novelty celebrities to Staples or the fact Paris actually shopped at Staples.

:b :b :b

That was the funniest thing I've ever heard- he must have been joking, right? It sounded like he was just trying to be obnoxious, then someone told him to shut up... That is hilarious, thanks for sharing ;D :b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby willy-t » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:00 am

sportsaddict wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm glad to see that the judge stuck to his guns and sent Paris back to jail. The fact that she contracted an undisclosed sickness is no reason to be sent home. Jail is (should be) unpleasant for those detained, but the point is Paris has to be disciplined like the average person would be. I can understand if she's confined away from the other inmates, as long as she does time in jail, and not under house arrest in her posh Hollywood Hills mansion.

But then again, there are paparazzi who stalk celebrities as they shop at Staples of all places, even if they're flashing their cameras through tinted windows outside. I've seen it with my own eyes. Two weeks ago, at the Staples across the street from work, that's what the droves of paparazzi were doing. Guess who they were taking pictures of? Paris Hilton. I don't know what's more surprising: Paparazzi desperate for work to follow novelty celebrities to Staples or the fact Paris actually shopped at Staples.

That was the funniest thing I've ever heard- he must have been joking, right? It sounded like he was just trying to be obnoxious, then someone told him to shut up... That is hilarious, thanks for sharing ;D :b

agreed, i watched that about 10 times, hilarious.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:51 am

sportsaddict wrote:

That's Tom Hanks' scream from Turner & Hooch spliced into that clip, right?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby TheRock » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:25 pm

ThatDude wrote:Maybe she was just confused by a commercial and was looking for one of those "Easy Buttons" to help her get out of going to jail.

:D :D :D
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:09 pm

i didnt realize her was her 2nd DUI. i just kept hearing reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. let her rot then >:)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:06 pm

TheRock wrote:
ThatDude wrote:Maybe she was just confused by a commercial and was looking for one of those "Easy Buttons" to help her get out of going to jail.

:D :D :D

Ah, now it starts to make a lick of sense. :b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:37 pm

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio last night and apparently the guy who screamed in that video was actually planted there by Jimmy Kimmel- simply genius. They made the point on the radio that what's actually more funny are the uptight reporters telling him to shut up like this is some presidential press conference
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 am

I heard on the radio last night that Al Sharpton has managed to insert himself into this taking the side of the "working class" that he's sure would never get the same treatment Paris received.

Is that guy not totally unbelievable??? :t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:55 am

apparently, the hilton family had just donated money to that sheriff's re-election campaign fund so that's probably why he let her out.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk