BJ Ryans effectiveness when he comes back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BJ Ryans effectiveness when he comes back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BJ Ryans effectiveness when he comes back

Postby crimson knuckles » Sat May 05, 2007 10:22 am

Anyone worried that BJ won't be able to get back in form after coming back from that elbow injury. I have him on my dl but really wonder how good he'll be when he comes back.

Anyone think that he can be dominant again this year?
crimson knuckles
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat May 05, 2007 10:26 am

It's hard to tell. Some people were predicting elbow injury for a long time and rest may heal but TJ might be in his future. Too bad since he's a pretty dominant pitcher.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Diggs » Sat May 05, 2007 10:27 am

I question the same thing and part of me thinks that there is a chance that he might not return this season at all.

I'd try and trade him to the current Accardo owner with the line of, "Hey. Now no matter what happens in Toronto; you're assured of getting all of the saves."

Get some value for him while the Accardo owner is still thinking about the saves his new pickup may get him (and lose when and if BJ comes back).

JMO. Do with it what you feel is best.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat May 05, 2007 10:29 am

Diggs wrote:I question the same thing and part of me thinks that there is a chance that he might not return this season at all.

I'd try and trade him to the current Accardo owner with the line of, "Hey. Now no matter what happens in Toronto; you're assured of getting all of the saves."

Get some value for him while the Accardo owner is still thinking about the saves his new pickup may get him (and lose when and if BJ comes back).

It's worth a try but I found that it is near impossible to trade players that are injured especially pitchers with elbow issues.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Diggs » Sat May 05, 2007 10:32 am

Yoda wrote:
Diggs wrote:I question the same thing and part of me thinks that there is a chance that he might not return this season at all.

It's worth a try but I found that it is near impossible to trade players that are injured especially pitchers with elbow issues.

Yeah, I should have bolded the word "try" in my original post. ;-)
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Sat May 05, 2007 11:37 am

It really hard to trade guys who are the 60 day DL. Considering that means he is out for at least another month and a half. The 60 day DL means that his team has pretty much declared that he is goning to have a very long road to recovery. I am not really sure it really even worth holding him in leagues that aren't very deep and have limited DL spots.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Return to Baseball Leftovers