Really torn... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Really torn...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Really torn...

Postby SweetAurillia » Fri May 04, 2007 5:29 pm

So my definition of vetoing was always to stop collusion. But unfortunately in our league there's 3-4 people that are not very knowledgeable about fantasy baseball and they're blindly accepting stupid trades that'll ruin their team and stack the other guys. For example, Manny Ramirez for Frank Thomas. And just today, Alex Rios for Alfonso Soriano. I know this isn't collusion, it's just the owner being very stupid. But am I supposed to just sit back and let these trades go through when I know all thats happening is a noob getting exploited? I'm also the commish in this league as well and I really don't know what to do. I'm contemplating locking their teams but I think that's a little extreme. Any advice?
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri May 04, 2007 5:38 pm

That's the problem with espousing the philosophy that only collusion is a reason for a veto. If one manager's lack of knowledge creates an opportunity for teams to improve through obviously lopsided trades, you run the risk of one manager getting an extra 1st rounder.

It shouldn't be incumbent on every manager in the league to offer lopsided trades at every opportunity until they finally manage to ruse a noob. When trades come pending that are wildly lopsided, there has to be a point where you say enough is enough, if only because you can't prove collusion in the first place, so a wild difference in value is some circumstantial evidence for collusion.

Sure unbalanced trades will go through, but you HAVE to draw the line somewhere.

Just look at this thread and try to tell me that this guy's league isn't ruined because of what he got away with.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=280459&highlight=

I used to hate vetoes too, but protecting the integrity of the league should be at least important enough for a league votes veto system.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner