Swing and a Miss: Round Two - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Swing and a Miss: Round Two

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Postby jamastaballa » Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 pm

I see what you mean, but I just disagree.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Sat May 12, 2007 10:08 pm

jamastaballa wrote:Thanks for being that kid's mouthpiece, Madison, but your condescending tone outweighed any knowledge you tried to convey. The little happy smile at the end doesn't cover it.

I'm going to guess you got up on the wrong side of the bed or something, as I was in a good mood when I wrote that, and wasn't being condescending in the least. :-?

You seemed to misunderstand what the OP said, and even went so far as to put words in his mouth and call him a "kid". I'm the one who's upset? Why? What would cause me to have an issue here? You seem to be the one upset for zero reason. If anyone should be upset, or has the right to be upset, it's America's Team 3 as you overreacted and didn't acknowledge what he actually said, so take a step back and relax.
Last edited by Madison on Sun May 13, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dissent » Sat May 12, 2007 10:11 pm

I have to agree about Cameron. Not only has his batting average suffered throughout his career, but he has always been a streaky player. He seems to have the same chance of hitting 10 HRs in a month as he does of hitting under the mendoza line. .270 over the last couple years is not something to get excited about. Given that his strikeout numbers were about the same (high), I would think those are more of an anomaly from his career numbers, not some newfound hitting stroke.

Not worth it when you can find other 20/20 guys that aren't such a liability. Chris B Young, for instance, isn't owned in most leagues, will put up a higher average and more HR/SB this year.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby jamastaballa » Sun May 13, 2007 12:54 am

Sorry I freaked out...but anyway, I still maintain that the hit you take in batting average will be evened out by the inevitable streak that brings Cameron's stats closer to career averages. And no one can dispute that he has been productive in recent years despite his deficiencies.

As far as Chris B. Young goes -- nice call, looks like I missed one.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby rjforlife » Sun May 13, 2007 1:55 am

jamastaballa wrote:Sorry I freaked out...but anyway, I still maintain that the hit you take in batting average will be evened out by the inevitable streak that brings Cameron's stats closer to career averages. And no one can dispute that he has been productive in recent years despite his deficiencies.

As far as Chris B. Young goes -- nice call, looks like I missed one.

jam you are gonna have to save up some crow for the end of the year if cameron pans out because i am all over the anti-cameron bandwagon. we are talking about a 34 year old with a career 250 average and really less than stellar power. to make up for what could easily be a .240 or lower average hes going to have to do a hell of a lot more than 17 hr and 19 sb. remember adam dunn? in 05 he hit 40 bombs with 100 100 and 4 bags but people still complained about him because he hit 247. cameron will be lucky to hit 247 this season and the only number from dunns season he can even dream about is the steals, but he would have to swipe about 80 to make up for everything else and i would say stealing 25 is the absolute max right now.....sorry to pile it on here but i think you are way off on cameron.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby jamastaballa » Sun May 13, 2007 2:08 am

I'll have plenty of crow for everyone, don't worry.

But seriously, I am totally sold on Cameron as a nice pickup after his 2006...the guy was quite good. There's no reason to believe he's just done now.

Your points are well taken and we'll just have to see how it pans out. I'm writing another column for the end of the week, so everyone be sure to rip it to shreds (honestly, I LOVE it -- it helps me get better).
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Re: Swing and a Miss: Round Two

Postby jamastaballa » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Looks like Silva's not dead yet...I was at the Twins game last night to take in his outing, and lo and behold, a complete-game shutout!

He was working those groud balls and looked excellent. He gave up 8 hits, but that'll happen.
10-Team H2H Std. 5x5

R. Martin, G. Atkins, J. Rollins, A. Hill, D. Wright, A. Gordon,
E. Renteria, Crawford, M. Ramirez, P. Burrell, N. Markakis, C. Hart

Lincecum, J. Cueto, H. Street, G. Sherrill, M. Capps, AJ Burnett, Putz, B. Myers, Harden, Bedard,
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Article Discussions