Spiderman 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Spiderman 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Sun May 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Very disappointed. I knew something should have been up when my fiance wanted to see it just as much as I did.

As others have pointed out, entirely too much crying, way too chick-flicky for my liking. Venom kicked serious butt but not enough to save the movie.

FWIW the best thing for me was seeing the Fantastic Four trailer. Silver Surfer kicks a hundred different kinds of ass and I so can't wait.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Sun May 06, 2007 7:31 pm

I think alot of people had impossible expectations for this movie. It's the same director, same actors, special effects can only be better. How could it possibly be so horrible? I'll be seeing it sometime this week and the only way I can think so many people hated it so much was they were just expecting WAY too much going in.

If I walk into the theater as a fan of the Spider-Man movies and comic as a whole, how disappointed could I possibly be? I mean this is Spider-Man...

Maybe I'll be singing a different tune afterwards but I have no idea why all the hate.

Shattered opening weekend records too, 148 million in 3 days is absolutely nuts. Good or not, everyone and his brother went.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrider » Mon May 07, 2007 6:05 pm

The movie was really bad. The whole thing was a chick-flick until the very end. The last fight was cool but the rest was lame. It also was too long they could of cut out half of that junk.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon May 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Not bad but not great. Multiple villians hardly ever work out cause they don't get enough time on-screen. Mary-Jane was awful and it is time to kill her off.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:28 pm

FWIW the best thing for me was seeing the Fantastic Four trailer. Silver Surfer kicks a hundred different kinds of ass and I so can't wait.

Yeah, I was watching the trailer and wishing to myself this was Fantastic Four and not Spiderman 3.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby ThatDude » Mon May 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Awful movie.

The only redeeming quality was the special effects, but it wasn't anywhere near enough to compensate for all the other crap.

Dunst singing? Ugh.

They took a big smelly dump all over this franchise with this one.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:12 pm

It was alright, nowhere near as good as the first two, but it was entertaining throughout for me atleast.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 08, 2007 2:52 am

I saw it tonight. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Different from the other two definitely, but I was still entertained from start to finish. I think some of it could've been cut, but overall I like it just as I did the first two.

And yeah, that Silver Surfer trailer looks sooooooo badass.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Mary-Jane was awful and it is time to kill her off.

:-b ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby great gretzky » Tue May 08, 2007 9:36 am

the problem is there is no more self-discovery for peter, so they have to focus on the other stuff. But its not like the franchise is pulling the MJ Parker relationship out of its butt either.

As far as Peter being goofy with the symbiote, I thought it was cheesy, but then Peter is cheesy. I think it just underscores his essentially goodness, because that's as "bad" as he got. And in fact, it helped him be assertive. On the other hand, Brock was so fundamentally bad that it corrupted him instantly.

It wasn't the best, but then again, the first time a lightsaber lit up, I was like "holy S%$&" then by episode one, some of the magic was lost. I don't think it's necessarily the movie, but that it's not fresh anymore.

Superhero franchises have a fundamental problem in that while the movies should be getting better, then villains are getting worse, because they tend to use them in order of importance. I'm not a big sandman fan as it is. IT's like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy or something.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk