100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Spiderman 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 04, 2007 4:54 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I'll see it either tonight or some time this weekend. I concur that the first two were just OK at best, but I guess I'm just in it to see Venom.

agreed. ;-D

Venom was the best spidey-villain hands down. At first I thought this film just told the story of the alien costume, but I spotted Venom in a preview the other day.

Guaranteed there will be a Spider-Man 4 where he continues to do battle with Venom, he's such an amazing villain. I mean, come on.. the Sandman.. or Venom??

;-D ;-D ;-D

The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are lukewarm, but I'll see it anyway.

anyone think i can get more than $5 for my Toy-Biz Venom still in the box on e-bay...cause i dont :-/ !+)

seriously, i have a ton of the Toy-Biz Marvel/X-men/X-Force that are basically worthless

ha ha.. you and me have a lot in common, Dan. I have a bunch of that junk too. :-b

Wait- Topher Grace plays Venom?? 8-o Isn't he the little milquetoast from That 70s Show?? 8-o

Boo that :-t

Although this looks cool-

do you have a lot of The Demon comics too? i always liked how it was poetry...but in hell. i gave all mine to my nephew and will probably never see them again

i seriously have about 8-10 large boxes of early 90's comics, Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Punisher, all the Image titles, Ghost-Rider...and they all just sit under my basement stairs :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Wait- Topher Grace plays Venom?? 8-o Isn't he the little milquetoast from That 70s Show?? 8-o

Well, there's my new word for the day.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby LukeW9027 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:21 pm

Just saw it. Wasnt impressed with it all and had too soft of an ending.
Way too much of a chick flick.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Coppermine » Fri May 04, 2007 7:36 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Wait- Topher Grace plays Venom?? 8-o Isn't he the little milquetoast from That 70s Show?? 8-o

Well, there's my new word for the day.

Word to that; the cafe's avant-garde are taking over!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theclefe » Sat May 05, 2007 8:48 am

RyanK wrote:

I wont lie, i though he did a good job with is role in the movie. ive liked him as an actor, i liked in good company too

I saw a midnight show. I'll admit, it took me a minute to figure out Topher Grace was in the movie. For some reason I thought it was just Tobey pulling an Eddie Murphy, dyeing his hair blond and pretending he was a diffrent character. Zach Braff would be the only other person who could play a worse Venom IMO.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat May 05, 2007 10:01 am

Saw it last night. Besides about 2 hours of boring and bad acting, the basic ending was really cool. Sandman was disappointing, Harry's villain was cool, but underused, and they don't show enough of Venom before...I won't spoil it. The black Spidey is pretty awesome though.

The wife thinks the next villain will be the blonde chick.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokeyjoe » Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 pm

I saw it last night...it was ok. I was pretty disappointed actually, the movie just didn't flow well at all, and I think it got progressively worse as the movie went on. The only saving grace was that about 40-50 people in the audience were from my school, even though the theater is several towns away. It was kinda surprising everyone picked that time, because there was a show like 20 minutes later too.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Sat May 05, 2007 6:02 pm

I just got back from watching it and I thought it was the best one of the three. It seems I'm in the minority, however.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Melo255 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:59 pm

josebach wrote:I just got back from watching it and I thought it was the best one of the three. It seems I'm in the minority, however.

I saw it last night and I sort of agree with you. First let me just say that this is, predictably, a movie that really needs to be seen on a big screen to be appreciated. I thought the first was really good, the second had my favorite moment (when the people on the train saw that Spidey was just a kid, just liked it for some reason) but this one was my favorite although there were plenty of problems with it.

Yes every character cried about 20 times. No Venom didn't get anywhere near enough screen time and the same with Harry. Yes the plot was a little on the weak side and yes it had plenty of holes.

But it still had black Spidey and overall it was a lot of fun. The whole time Peter Parker turned into a clone of Fall Out Boy's lead singer was great. It could have been better if he was actually evil and not just an arrogant tool but it was still entertaining.

Venom was awesome and Topher Grace actually did pretty good in the role. Sandman looked very cool too in what I thought would be extremely cheesy if the CGI wasn't perfect. Think "A Sound of Thunder" type graphics and be thankful they spent so much money on this one.

I hope that if they make Spiderman 4 they have the guts to try what the author of Harry Potter has done and make it really dark and much more of an adult flick than an attempt to appeal to all ages.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Half Massed » Sun May 06, 2007 5:34 pm

I saw it last night and I thought it was decent, but not spectacular. Some of it was just laughable, but some of the effects were really nice. Afterwards, my friends and I just recounted some of the more hilarious parts. They had to be intentional right... :-o
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk