Today's lesson in Primitive Cultures of the 21st Century - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Today's lesson in Primitive Cultures of the 21st Century

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Fri May 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Pablo975 wrote:I will say: This type of madness makes me so glad I live in America. It also makes me so sad for the good people in places like Iraq that have to deal with that insanity.

My thoughts exactly. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pablo975 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Agreed. Iraq is no comparision to the American Civil War. Different factors involved all the way. And atrocities happen in every war. It's part of war and sadly, probably always will be.

And, the fighting going on over there has been going on for HUNDREDS of years.

I'm usually not one for extreme measures, but senseless killings like that hits that "Kill 'em all" nerve in me. It makes me wish we'd nuke the whole area once and for all. Course, I know that would be insane and solve nothing....but....still..... :-/

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 pm

What's so different? You don't think there an incredible number of atrocities committed by the North and South against one another that weren't on the battlefield?

True except this had nothing to do with troops whatsoever. It was commoners killing a child for love. Could there be anything more sinful that squashing love? I know tons of people like to point the finger inward when it comes to America, but I have no problem saying we're better than that.

I am getting so sick of stuff like this. Or when you read about the "soccer" fields in Afghanistan and elsewhere where people are executed... its so stupid. Yea, other religions have had their own ridiculous things like the Crusades etc. But that was hundreds of years ago. And islam is not THAT much younger than Christianity to the degree that these types of things should still be in flux. This kind of intolerance should really have either been solved, or at least come to the point where interfaith love is frowned upon etc., but not worthy of killing.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk