Do you cheer and applaud in movie theaters? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Do you cheer and applaud in movie theaters?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I don't applaud at movies. It doesn't really bother me when others do it except when they do it during the movie. I always hated the art house crowd in NY. They are probably the most annoying people to watch a movie with.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokeyjoe » Sat May 05, 2007 12:44 pm

I clap, cheer, boo, yell out stupid comments, you name it. I saw Spiderman last night and my theater applauded every trailer and several parts of the movie. Most of these were started by me and my rather large group of friends there. It's fun, and no one really got mad. Occasionally people will ask/demand we be quiet, and then I will, but no one seemed to mind for the kind of movie Spiderman is.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:52 pm

Only movie I have heard applauded and that I have applauded was opening night 300...Sick Movie definately deserved the applaud and then some
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat May 05, 2007 6:30 pm

I would have to agree with the Snakes on a Plane comments. That's the most I've ever seen.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby pa_tater » Sat May 05, 2007 8:48 pm

A friend once told me he was present for a rousing chant of "USA! USA! USA!" when he attended the film Independence Day in Lansing, Michigan. That's kind of :-o
pa_tater
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaQ » Sat May 05, 2007 8:59 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:I would have to agree with the Snakes on a Plane comments. That's the most I've ever seen.

Yep, definitely. Like a lot of you, I don't applaud after the movie, but have no problem with other people doing it. People talking in the middle of the movie...don't really like that.

For Snakes on a Plane:
-Everyone winced when the guy's testicle got bitten by the snake
-Laughed at Samuel L's line, one I can't post here at the Cafe
-Cheered when the British guy got swallowed by the boa constrictor
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Half Massed » Mon May 07, 2007 3:15 am

I worked at a theater for a little while and every now then I'd be watching the end of a movie to wait to clean up after it and some people would applaud. It depends largely on the movie.

What always annoyed the hell out of me were people who would stay through the entire credits of a movie. We couldn't go in, turn on the lights and sweep up while people while the movie was still technically playing, and it was frustrating to stand there waiting for them to get up and leave. It was always one or two people who would sit there all the way through. Never failed.

Does anyone here do that, and if so could they explain to me the reasoning behind it?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 07, 2007 3:20 am

Half Massed wrote:I worked at a theater for a little while and every now then I'd be watching the end of a movie to wait to clean up after it and some people would applaud. It depends largely on the movie.

What always annoyed the hell out of me were people who would stay through the entire credits of a movie. We couldn't go in, turn on the lights and sweep up while people while the movie was still technically playing, and it was frustrating to stand there waiting for them to get up and leave. It was always one or two people who would sit there all the way through. Never failed.

Does anyone here do that, and if so could they explain to me the reasoning behind it?

i would think if people were discussing the movie and it couldnt wait, OR they just like to wait for the crowd to leave and then they follow up.

but i myself have never clapped in a movie and i would be angry if anyone did it during the movie. there's just too many quick little one liners that you could miss if everyone is hootin and hollerin.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:50 am

I will never, EVER clap in a movie theatre at the end of the movie unless the actors found a way to jump out of the screen and do backflips in the theatre.

Until that happens I will just look at the people who clap and say, "Hey, you realize they can't hear you right?"
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 am

Half Massed wrote:I worked at a theater for a little while and every now then I'd be watching the end of a movie to wait to clean up after it and some people would applaud. It depends largely on the movie.

My parents watch all the credits and it drives me absolutely nuts. They think they might miss something, because sometimes (but very rarely) they show a little clips after the credits. I think they just want to see the little egg shaped thing at the end with the 4 circles in it.
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk