Hunter Pence waiver results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hunter Pence waiver results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm actually amazed that I somehow got Pence. I'm in a deep 12 team league and there is pretty much nothing available. I had 6 waiver but I didn't think that was good enough to get him. So, for some dumb reason I banked on the fact that he wouldn't be picked up and I stayed up until he cleared waivers (4:30 AM). Somehow, nobody touched him with their waiver. When I saw that little 'W' change to 'FA' my heart almost skipped a beat. I was psyched.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Fri May 04, 2007 5:45 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I'm actually amazed that I somehow got Pence. I'm in a deep 12 team league and there is pretty much nothing available. I had 6 waiver but I didn't think that was good enough to get him. So, for some dumb reason I banked on the fact that he wouldn't be picked up and I stayed up until he cleared waivers (4:30 AM). Somehow, nobody touched him with their waiver. When I saw that little 'W' change to 'FA' my heart almost skipped a beat. I was psyched.

Someone needs to write some software to snipe players from the FA pool when they clear waivers... ;-D ;-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 243)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Prooks25 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Pence fell to the guy with the #10 WP. I think it's because everyone wants Butler.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby glcmustliveon » Fri May 04, 2007 6:46 pm

Bwanna wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:I'm actually amazed that I somehow got Pence. I'm in a deep 12 team league and there is pretty much nothing available. I had 6 waiver but I didn't think that was good enough to get him. So, for some dumb reason I banked on the fact that he wouldn't be picked up and I stayed up until he cleared waivers (4:30 AM). Somehow, nobody touched him with their waiver. When I saw that little 'W' change to 'FA' my heart almost skipped a beat. I was psyched.

Someone needs to write some software to snipe players from the FA pool when they clear waivers... ;-D ;-D

FANTASY BASEBALL HACKS! LAWL!

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby glcmustliveon » Fri May 04, 2007 6:47 pm

Is there anything wrong with having both Butler and Pence? This is why I love keeper leagues. I sort of needed a boost, I'm just hoping one of them produces big, any thoughts on that happening?

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers