Hunter Pence waiver results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hunter Pence waiver results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri May 04, 2007 1:15 pm

J35J wrote:I think Pence is overrated. He'll be a good player but "good" OFers usually aren't worth a roster spot unless you're in 14+ team leagues or "only" leagues. Just my opinion.


I tend to agree and that's why I didn't claim him.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri May 04, 2007 1:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:I think Pence is overrated. He'll be a good player but "good" OFers usually aren't worth a roster spot unless you're in 14+ team leagues or "only" leagues. Just my opinion.


I tend to agree and that's why I didn't claim him.


I've been intrigued by both he and Butler, but over the course of this season I've owned Chris B. Young, Elijah Dukes, Ryan Church, and now Josh Hamilton.

I can't keep grabbing every single good OF that comes along.

I'm going to show some loyalty to Hamilton through a little bit more slumping before I think about grabbing grab Pence. He cleared last night, so I'm thinking both he and Butler will be out there for a while.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3166
(Past Year: 89)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdsun1 » Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:I think Pence is overrated. He'll be a good player but "good" OFers usually aren't worth a roster spot unless you're in 14+ team leagues or "only" leagues. Just my opinion.


I tend to agree and that's why I didn't claim him.


I've been intrigued by both he and Butler, but over the course of this season I've owned Chris B. Young, Elijah Dukes, Ryan Church, and now Josh Hamilton.

I can't keep grabbing every single good OF that comes along.

I'm going to show some loyalty to Hamilton through a little bit more slumping before I think about grabbing grab Pence. He cleared last night, so I'm thinking both he and Butler will be out there for a while.


Your team and league sounds similar to mine. Personally I like Butler because I think he has a higher ceiling and will hit for average. Right now I have Dunn and Wells and I need someone to balance out Dunn's average.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bloul11 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:53 pm

He didn't even get claimed in my 10 team 5x5 keeper league. I picked him up this morning as a free agent, had to drop Cory Hart though.
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 385
Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas

Postby converge241 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:54 pm

Free agent after the draft in one league ;-D

whats that Phil Collins album called? "No Waiver Required?"
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3190
(Past Year: 101)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Postby kugino » Fri May 04, 2007 3:05 pm

picked him up with a #1 waiver...debated whether to wait for butler or pick up pence...decided on pence because i need SBs and pence has more upside in that category. a little better hitting ballpark elevates his stats as well...
5x5 12-team league w/5 keepers.
as of 5/02: 2nd place; 5/27: 6th
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 311
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I got Pence in my H2HWS league with the #11 Waiver (18 teams); his value is raised as we play with the CF position.

I also got him in a Cafe Roto redraft league, 14-teamer, with the #11 Waiver also, I believe.

In my main H2H 10-team keeper, he was taken with the #3 Waiver priority. I have #2, but did not put in a bid.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24812
(Past Year: 377)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby Ursa » Fri May 04, 2007 3:50 pm

kugino wrote:picked him up with a #1 waiver...debated whether to wait for butler or pick up pence...decided on pence because i need SBs and pence has more upside in that category. a little better hitting ballpark elevates his stats as well...

That was exactly my logic too so I used my #1 in my 16 team league, 20 man squads with 3 DL spots. There's next to nothing on waivers and considering I was starting Jose Cruz in my OF, Pence seemed like a good way to blow my #1.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1935
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minneapolis

Postby dracovonborax » Fri May 04, 2007 4:41 pm

i got him with the #6. didn't need him but also didn't want him slipping down to my main competition who had used a waiver on Hughes earlier. hopefully he'll play well and can be a cheap keeper next season.
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1253
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Fri May 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Got him at #5.
Image
EWSPECIALTY Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 322
Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Houston

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact