Mirabelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mirabelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mirabelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby darb48824 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:56 am

I heard on WEEI this morning that Doug Mirabelli will make 750 K this year and that Tom Brady will make 720 K this year. Granted he renegotiated his contract but still not more than the backup catcher for the red sox. In contrast Peyton mannings contract will pay him 8.2 million and Vick will get 9 million and change. I know this isnt entirely baseball related but it shows you what it takes to be a champion and putting the teams good above your own and the absurd amount that Pro baseball players make.
darb48824
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 04, 2007 12:13 pm

whoa, lets not get carried away there. Champions? The Red Sox have won one championship in the past 90 years.

btw - if Mirabelli making only 750K is what it takes to be a champion what does this say about Manny and the $17M he is getting this year?

Or the $13M+ that Ortiz, Schilling and Drew are getting? Those guys aren't champions I guess. $9M for Mike Lowell?!?!? $9.5M for Matt Clement?!?!? Looks to me like they are being cheap with Mirabelli - 750K is an insult.

And your team payroll is $145M, more than 4 times the $30M payroll of the Marlins. Yes, the Florida Marlins who have won 2 championships in the past 10 years, those guys are champions.

So put a lid on the enthusiasm over Doug "Champ" Mirabelli :-°
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby wrveres » Fri May 04, 2007 12:15 pm

lmao @ mookie
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1157)

Postby OREO fan » Fri May 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:whoa, lets not get carried away there. Champions? The Red Sox have won one championship in the past 90 years.

btw - if Mirabelli making only 750K is what it takes to be a champion what does this say about Manny and the $17M he is getting this year?

Or the $13M+ that Ortiz, Schilling and Drew are getting? Those guys aren't champions I guess. $9M for Mike Lowell?!?!? $9.5M for Matt Clement?!?!? Looks to me like they are being cheap with Mirabelli - 750K is an insult.

And your team payroll is $145M, more than 4 times the $30M payroll of the Marlins. Yes, the Florida Marlins who have won 2 championships in the past 10 years, those guys are champions.

So put a lid on the enthusiasm over Doug "Champ" Mirabelli :-°

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Brady doing what it takes to be a champion by restructuring his contract.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Field » Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Tom will get paid what he's owed eventually, whether its this year or the next. If you already have millions of dollars and are you are dating Gisele, re-working your contract to help your team win shouldn't be all that big of a deal. :-°
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Saying that Brady is only making $720,000 this year is misleading. He didn't take a pay cut. His base salary is $6 million per year, this year he restructured so that he gets $5.28 million as a signing bonus, with a salary of $720,000.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby darb48824 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:45 pm

I am sorry Mookie i was speaking of the patriots who have won 3 superbowls in the past 5 years. Do you follow the NFL or is it strictly canadian football for you aye?
darb48824
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 04, 2007 1:56 pm

darb48824 wrote:I am sorry Mookie i was speaking of the patriots who have won 3 superbowls in the past 5 years. Do you follow the NFL or is it strictly canadian football for you aye?

I guess that Brady is a champ. Check out his hat.

btw - FantasyFootballCafe
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby nixonforpres » Fri May 04, 2007 2:01 pm

red sox/ pats fan just threw up a little bit. damn you mookie. :-P
nixonforpres
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theclefe » Fri May 04, 2007 2:05 pm

nixonforpres wrote:red sox/ pats fan just threw up a little bit. damn you mookie. :-P

Yeah you did... that chick is gross! I don't blame you. He could do better.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers