100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Rays James Shields

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri May 04, 2007 12:38 pm

alchemy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
alchemy wrote:I love the guys who write captions on CBS Sportsline:

Analysis: All those who thought Shields was going to breakout in 2007 please raise your hand. Yeah, nobody will be raising their hand. No one could have seen this coming, but Shields has certainly been a welcome addition in all Fantasy leagues. His next scheduled start is for Wednesday against the Orioles.

I'd say there were a healthy number of Shields supporters in these forums. I know I drafted him expecting a reasonably good year. I thought he had some good numbers last year for a rookie.

Someone in here predicted a CY young, i forget who that was, while not going that far, i def said he would produce good numbers a be a viable options for any league

Yep, the guy who predicted a Cy Young got blasted plenty. He's active I think so he'll be back... I don't think we're looking at a Cy Young here but I think a Wade Miller-style breakout from a few years ago is in the cards. (Opposite MO though - great changeup versus nasty fastball).

It was bigwords who posted it and he got blasted by most people:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ht=shields
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rainman23 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Field wrote:I like this guy a lot. Last night a fastball that clocked 88 looked like it was 95 because of all the off-speed stuff he throws.

The bullpen is horrid. Camp almost blew the game yesterday for Shields, and Camp added 2 ERs to Shields' line because he can't strand a dead mule !+) .

Yeah, I was disappointed to see them bring Shields back out for the 8th. He was already over 100 pitches, and you knew if he didn't have a 1-2-3 inning that they were likely to go to that bullpen with runners on base. And that his great start was going to look a little worse than it was...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:42 am

Someone told Jamie that he was the second most added player in yahoo last week and he said "Thats cool, i hope i don't disappoint them." It so funny that players actually talk about this stuff. i remember when Craw came out and said one of his goals is to be the number 1 fantasy player
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigwords » Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am

Any fantasy site who wants to pay me for my wisdom, send me a PM. lol. I also do football. ;-D
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 09, 2007 11:54 am

alchemy wrote:I love the guys who write captions on CBS Sportsline:

Analysis: All those who thought Shields was going to breakout in 2007 please raise your hand. Yeah, nobody will be raising their hand. No one could have seen this coming, but Shields has certainly been a welcome addition in all Fantasy leagues. His next scheduled start is for Wednesday against the Orioles.

I'd say there were a healthy number of Shields supporters in these forums. I know I drafted him expecting a reasonably good year. I thought he had some good numbers last year for a rookie.

raise my hand

although I also thought that Kuo, Greinke, Jerome Williams and Odalis will breakout somewhat
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers