2 teams in one league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

2 teams in one league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2 teams in one league

Postby Cobra74 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:28 am

I am the commish. Is there anything wrong with me running two teams in the same league? I had an owner that could not find the time to keep up with his team so I took it over. I want the league to stay competitive, besides, the team he had is probably a top four team down the stretch. I have not tried/thought about/or asked if I could make any trades between my team and his. All I am doing is starting the pitchers when they start and rotating the batters out the same as I would do for my team. Next week we are playing each other and I will treat it as if I am playing any other person with both teams and the stats will show that I am playing the better players for both teams. Again is there anything wrong with this if I am not manipulating it and stacking one team or the other? Should I keep on playing this fair or give up the other managers team?
Cobra74
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bwagner112 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:16 pm

Well you can definitely see both sides of it...and there is a good chance you will end up pissing someone off, probably through no fault of your own.

The week you play that team, you will make the smart lineup choices, i.e. starting Pujols, benching Sexson, etc....then Pujols will have a horrible week and Sexson will hit 5 HRS...then the next week, you will bench a slumping player....Zimmerman and start some back-up who will rake and the guy that team is playing will lose and get pissed....I have been commish in my baseball and football leagues for years and dealt with it in the early on...it is a lose/lose situation.

What I usually do is just set the best players at every position and then just leave it alone for the rest of the season.
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner