Are we really kidding ourselves about Delgado? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Are we really kidding ourselves about Delgado?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Are we really kidding ourselves about Delgado?

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:55 pm

In light of the great news that Lincecum will get called up...I have waited another week with Delgado with the same results. Even if the guy hits 40 hrs throughout the rest of the season....his .190 batting average is killing me weekly....the O-fers just dont cut it. I need to get another 1st basemen but there is no one really available on the waiver wire and no one is going to give up their 1st basemen in trade with Delgado in return knowing they have to start him.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Are we really kidding ourselves about Delgado?

Postby chiswede » Fri May 04, 2007 1:42 pm

BronxBomber2007 wrote:In light of the great news that Lincecum will get called up...I have waited another week with Delgado with the same results. Even if the guy hits 40 hrs throughout the rest of the season....his .190 batting average is killing me weekly....the O-fers just dont cut it. I need to get another 1st basemen but there is no one really available on the waiver wire and no one is going to give up their 1st basemen in trade with Delgado in return knowing they have to start him.

I don't know what to do with him. Fortunately I had Prince Fielder (who I just traded for Morneau), so I don't have to use him. My problem now it that he's worthless as trade bait, and I can't bring myself to drop a guy one year removed from 30 plus HRs. So he's sitting there wasting a roster spot right now for me. My only real hope is that someone in my league has a 1B go down and is desperate.
10 Team Yahoo Private League Record
2003-1st
2004-1st
2005-2nd
2006-1st
2007-1st
2008-1st
2009-8th
2010-2nd
2011-10th
chiswede
College Coach