Lincecum TIME BABY!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lincecum TIME BABY!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AllStar215 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:10 pm

yea your right...im glad i have him in all of my leagues...15 k's on his debut would be nice ;-)
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bcb » Thu May 03, 2007 9:28 pm

From Yahoo!:
May 3 Henry Schulman, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports there are strong signs the San Francisco Giants will call up SP Tim Lincecum from Triple-A Fresno in time to start the club's contest Sunday, May 6, against the Philadelphia Phillies. Lincecum would be called up to start in place of SP Russ Ortiz (elbow).
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Detro76 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Per Rotoworld:

While they didn't commit to it, the Giants are likely to bring up 2006 first-round pick Tim Lincecum to make his major league debut Sunday.

He's replace the injured Russ Ortiz. "We're still talking about it but we're expecting him to make that start," manager Bruce Bochy said. "This is a tough kid who handled himself well in spring training. He'll be fine if it turns out to be him." Linecum is 4-0 with an 0.29 ERA at Fresno. He should be owned in all formats, and it'd worth using him in fantasy leagues right away.
'Saw your wife last night. Great little dancer. That guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend, but tell me, what was he doing with her panties on his head?- Jake Taylor - Major League
Detro76
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby coldfusion » Thu May 03, 2007 10:01 pm

Shark wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:Also I just looked on the Fresno Official Website and Lincecum is listed as Inactive. I may be just over analyzing this, but that seems to be another strong indicator IMO.

Link: http://www.fresnogrizzlies.com/

Saw the same thing. He's inactive on Fresno's website.

Here we go folks!

;-D

He's been inactive since his last start over the weekend, before Ortiz got injured.
coldfusion
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dohno » Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Well if you belive ESPN the ticker says that Lincecum will start on Sunday, not maybe or possible start. The ticker says he "Will"...
Dohno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu May 03, 2007 10:52 pm

just grabbed him for free. :-)
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Johnny Vodka » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 pm

I got him earlier this week, but why did yahoo do him differently than cole hamels, for example? Last year, Hamels had to clear waivers to pick him up, yet Lincecum was able to be picked up as a NA at any time.
Johnny Vodka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby olsonea » Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 pm

C Napoli 1B Hafner 2B Uggla 3B Upton SS Mig. Tejada
OF Juan Pierre, Sizemore, Wells UTIL Carlos Peña BN Swisher, Glaus
SP James Shields, Clemens, Lackey, Oliver Pérez, Maine, Webb, Lincecum
RP Nathan, Mo Rivera, Al Reyes
olsonea
College Coach
College Coach

Postby powenM » Thu May 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Johnny Vodka wrote:I got him earlier this week, but why did yahoo do him differently than cole hamels, for example? Last year, Hamels had to clear waivers to pick him up, yet Lincecum was able to be picked up as a NA at any time.

5 letters

Y A H O O
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby olsonea » Thu May 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Lincecum likely to start Sunday
SAN FRANCISCO -- One day after the Kentucky Derby, the Giants likely will turn loose their most heralded thoroughbred.
Right-hander Tim Lincecum, who has overmatched the Pacific Coast League with Triple-A Fresno, is the probable starter for Sunday's series finale against the Philadelphia Phillies at AT&T Park. Lincecum would replace Russ Ortiz, who went on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with right elbow neuritis.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy hedged only slightly when asked if Lincecum, 22, would make his Giants debut by filling Sunday's vacancy.

"We're expecting him to make that start," Bochy said. "But, obviously, we have a roster move to make if that's the case. So we're still thinking about it."

The Giants recalled infielder Kevin Frandsen from Fresno to take Ortiz's spot on the active roster.

Expectations have surrounded Lincecum since last June, when the Giants made him their No. 1 selection (10th overall) in the First-Year Player Draft and paid him a $2.025 million bonus. But the sense of anticipation soared even more once the season began and Lincecum dominated opponents through each of his five starts. He's 4-0 with an 0.29 ERA -- that's one earned run allowed in 31 innings -- while allowing 12 hits and walking 11. He has struck out 46, including 14 in his most recent start last Sunday against Colorado Springs.

As impressive as Lincecum looked in that game, Frandsen said that his previous effort might have demonstrated his competitive maturity more accurately. Facing Tucson on April 23, Lincecum surrendered his only run of the season in the second inning when he issued a leadoff walk, hit the next batter and flung a wild pitch before allowing a sacrifice fly. But Lincecum recovered to throw 6 1/3 no-hit innings, missing a chance to complete a no-hitter in the seven-inning contest (it was part of a doubleheader) because he exhausted his pitch count.

"That made me feel like he was ready for something bigger because he doesn't give in," Frandsen said, comparing Lincecum's stubbornness to Matt Cain's. "It's fun playing behind him. You want to see what's gonna happen."

Sunday's game happens to be scheduled for a national telecast on ESPN. But Bochy, who managed Lincecum in Spring Training, believes that the University of Washington product can cope with the hype.

"They're all TV games now," Bochy said. "If it is Timmy, that's not going to come into play with what he does. This is a tough kid. He handled himself well in the spring. If it turns out he makes that start, he'll be fine."

Having experienced a small measure of fuss as a native of nearby San Jose when he made his Giants debut last season, Frandsen can identify with what Lincecum will encounter. But, Frandsen said, "If he does what he normally does, which I honestly think he'll do, San Francisco is going to be in for a treat."

Double bonus!

And another to get you all hot and bothered: http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news ... sp&c_id=sf
C Napoli 1B Hafner 2B Uggla 3B Upton SS Mig. Tejada
OF Juan Pierre, Sizemore, Wells UTIL Carlos Peña BN Swisher, Glaus
SP James Shields, Clemens, Lackey, Oliver Pérez, Maine, Webb, Lincecum
RP Nathan, Mo Rivera, Al Reyes
olsonea
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates