Postby ultrazero » Fri May 04, 2007 4:57 pm

KTM wrote:She needs to retire

Amazing!
ultrazero
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby idealFX » Sun May 06, 2007 4:52 am

i've always liked pavano's make up as an ace. he just never panned out. sucks to have guys like this fall to such a sad level. however, i think after the surgery, barring whenever his contract ends, a team might be able to pick up a cheap, solid 3rd/4th starter in pavano.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby frank69m » Sun May 06, 2007 6:40 am

pavano injured again? so what else is new?

tell him to talk to cousin Prior and cousin Wood.
frank69m
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballstud » Sun May 06, 2007 12:21 pm

who cares. he sucks and is always hurt. noone pitches him in fantasy anyway at this point.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby cookman » Sun May 06, 2007 1:37 pm

I was listening to Will Carroll from Baseball Prospectus this morning, and from what he said Pavano decided he needed this surgery long before he went and saw a doctor. From what he said, Pavano really pushed these docs until one finally agreed to the surgery and, while there is some damage there, it's something that could be conservatively managed. This guy is a joke and he is just stealing money from the Yankees right now. Won't be surprised at all to see this guy sit out with "injuries" until his next contract year.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon May 07, 2007 11:05 am

cookman wrote:I was listening to Will Carroll from Baseball Prospectus this morning, and from what he said Pavano decided he needed this surgery long before he went and saw a doctor. From what he said, Pavano really pushed these docs until one finally agreed to the surgery and, while there is some damage there, it's something that could be conservatively managed. This guy is a joke and he is just stealing money from the Yankees right now. Won't be surprised at all to see this guy sit out with "injuries" until his next contract year.

Yeah, I had heard the same thing. What a bastard. As a Yankee fan, I was willing to forgive and forget at the beginning of this year, but this is too much.

It's one thing to be a Wood or Prior and simply be made out of glass. It sucks, but it's the luck of the draw. It's another thing to break two ribs in a car crash and not tell anyone until the day you're supposed to come off the DL. Or to miss half a season with a strained shoulder. Or to miss an entire season with bruised buttocks. Or to get Tommy John surgery when your doctors and your team tell you it's foolish and unnecessary.

I was against the Pavano signing from the beginning (because I thought he sucked at baseball, not because I thought he was such a tool). I hope he never sets foot on a baseball field again. He should do the only honorable thing and retire. Carl Pavano is a disgrace to the New York Yankees and a disgrace to the sport itself.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Tue May 08, 2007 1:35 am

Carl Pavano hurt again... yet still collecting a pay check... at least it happened to the Yankees. As an equal opportunity hater, glad to see Matt Clement not earning his contract in Boston either. I couldn't imagine how damaging paying a guy like Pavano would be to a small market team.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Strasil42 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 am

ultrazero wrote:
KTM wrote:She needs to retire

Amazing!

;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager