Imploding... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Imploding...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Imploding...

Postby Scoot » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:26 am

Dinger wrote:anyone think Boston is gunna implode?

think about it....they have to pay manny a lot of cash..pedro a lot of cash...and now schilling a lot of cash..

manny thinks its his team is there gunna be some wat of a rivalry of hatred..? :-?

If your reasoning is who gets the most money will lead the team you must ask the same question to the yaks.
:-?
They pay big $ to Chef, Brown, Lofton and now Arod. And already have Jeter and Giambi on big $. Who, of these guys, thinks that the yaks are their team? Think about it Brown isn't Mr. PR, Chef doesn't have an agent (meaning he will probably think and eventually say something stupid) and Jeter and Arod will fight to be poster boy. Talk about possible rivalry and termoil.

And these guys haven't even played together yet!
I know that Jeter is the captian but he isn't even close to being a top 3 hitter on the team and you may even want to say a top 4 or 5. Watch this yak team has the potential to spin out of control, like Georgie's spending habits. :-D
Scoot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:13 pm

think about it....they have to pay manny a lot of cash..pedro a lot of cash...and now schilling a lot of cash..

manny thinks its his team is there gunna be some wat of a rivalry of hatred..? :-?

i feel soooo bad that his insurance company doesn't pay for a psychologist....

if everyone stays healthy for most of the season, this is actually THE year when the Sox and Yankees have evenly matched teams and proably the first time in close to a century when you could argue that the Sox rotation may be better than the Yankees'. of course there are some major issues with both the teams, but this is the year you can trully say that either team could come out on top. it'll be plenty interseting tho and as a fan i hope the Sox come out on top ;-)
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseballchick123 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:29 pm

r u stupid? Maybe a D-rays fan could say that they pay too much, but not a yanks fan..the yankees infield makes more money than the red sox starting lineup alone, this is a from a yanks fan too!

Think about it..they have to pay Jeter a lot of cash, Vasquez a lot of cash, Posada a lot of cash, *********A-rod********* a lot of cash, Giambi a lot of cash (considering his high steroid bills!), and their backup SS, almonte makes more money than many players that play EVERY day .....Tu es tres ignorante!
"I am free of ALL prejudices, I hate everyone equally." -WC Fields
baseballchick123
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:11 am

I think that the Yanks/Sox version of Can You Top This has made this season even more interesting. 8-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Boston Red Sox