Who do I go to so I can report against an owner(s) in Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who do I go to so I can report against an owner(s) in Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do I go to so I can report against an owner(s) in Yahoo?

Postby JJStokes » Wed May 02, 2007 11:16 pm

There have been a lot of vetoes / suspicious activity in my public Yahoo baseball Winners league. At first, I just thought it was because it was a Winners leagues that trades were vetoed, but it has gotten to the point where almost every trade has been vetoed.

I am wondering if anyone has notified Yahoo about a potential problem and what Yahoo did about the problem. Also, I would like to know where you went / who you e-mailed to report it. Thanks.
JJStokes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tooslim73 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:54 am

I've tried contacting Yahoo before and they never replied or took any action.

The winner leagues are as lame as the others.

Get in a private league with dedicated players.
tooslim73
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri May 04, 2007 5:41 pm

I think veto systems are important, but there are definitely a percentage of players who will veto any deal that they feel improves their competition. I probably only veto about one in ten trades that I see, and usually only do so if I see that one player is giving up a 1st or 2nd rounder and getting average guys in return.

If I see a trade where a guy gives his 5th rounder for another guy's 3rd rounder I'll leave it alone, but if I feel like one team is forfeiting essentially no value while acquiring a first round talent, that's where the veto comes in.

You should post some of the trades that were vetoed so we can give you input on whether some of them were reasonable, or if your leaguemates are just totally out of line.

If you're saying it's basically every trade, then it probably is the latter
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Return to Commissioner's Corner