What is some of your favorite "ANGRY" music to listen to? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What is some of your favorite "ANGRY" music to listen to?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Thu May 03, 2007 1:39 pm

It doesn't get much more angrier for me than Rage Against the Machine. By the time I'm done, I'm ready to start a rebel militia. ;-)
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to bag on your favorite album. ;-D

I guess I just have an axe to grind with Pantera because 1) they suck and 2) the metal station I listen to on Sirius is totally and completely on Pantera's nuts. Every half hour I've gotta hear some dumb Pantera song. Same story with Iron Maiden. Give me a break with the crappy metal please. :-P

Sepultura on the other hand.. them I like very much. ;-D

You listen to Buzzsaw?

I listen to that sometimes but it really all sounds the same to me.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 03, 2007 2:13 pm

I guess I just have an axe to grind with Pantera because 1) they suck and 2) the metal station I listen to on Sirius is totally and completely on Pantera's nuts.

LMAO. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. I have no idea why, but this really kicked the crap out of my funny bone. :-b :-b :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby zepfan » Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 pm

ironman wrote:It doesn't get much more angrier for me than Rage Against the Machine. By the time I'm done, I'm ready to start a rebel militia. ;-)

Yep, as far as angry music goes Rage was the first to come to mind. The first Limp Bizkit album is pretty crazy too. Good angry music. ;-D

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu May 03, 2007 2:20 pm

josebach wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:"_ _ _ _ _ _ Hostile" by Pantera is a good one ;-D

Their lyrics were awesome, weren't they?

"Are you talking to me? Nooooooo way, punk!!!!!" :-b

That was "Walk", not ******* Hostile.

I guess I just have an axe to grind with Pantera because 1) they suck and 2) the metal station I listen to on Sirius is totally and completely on Pantera's nuts. Every half hour I've gotta hear some dumb Pantera song. Same story with Iron Maiden. Give me a break with the crappy metal please. :-P

Sepultura on the other hand.. them I like very much. ;-D

From what I've seen, it's kind of odd to see a metalhead who doesn't like Pantera. In a way, they shaped the direction for death metal (although a number of other bands were more influential than Pantera) and nu metal bands thereafter tried to marry Pantera's style to their music (and most of them bastardized it).

Personally, I thought Vulgar Display of Power was Pantera's best only because of the first 6 songs on the album along with By Demons Be Driven and Hollow (the rest was forgettable in my opinion). Far Beyond Driven was Pantera at its finest in my opinion from start to finish. A little less thrashy, but it pushed the ante on how hard and heavy could be played without being as tedious as say Great Southern Trendkill (which sounded weird with all the all-out grooves even though Trendkill had a couple of good songs). Cowboys From Hell was Pantera at its thrashiest and though not the band's best effort, it produced a few classics (i.e. CFH, Cemetery Gates, Domination).

I think it's also odd you don't like Iron Maiden because a good deal of metalheads seem to have great affinity for Maiden, seeing how NWOBHM had a great influence on Thrash metal (and later, Scandinavian black metal). I do agree to some extent with you, as Maiden's prime really came in The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Powerslave. I wasn't too keen when they went all-out progressive with Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (though a good album in its own right). Like Lambskin said, to each his own.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu May 03, 2007 2:34 pm

I guess my "angry" music is Van Der Graaf Generator

I always listen to them when I'm stressed.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm

It usually take about an hour or so if my routine for me to relatively calm down from the MOD EDIT of the mood :-°

But hey, it's more effective than 1)Talking to people about the crap 2)Sleep on it 3)go out for a walk and safer than Alcohol(I might punch a walk, or worse, punch somebody twice as big as me and get pwned

though hardcore workout usually work too,

but that's just too much work :-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Thu May 03, 2007 5:42 pm

Normally, I am not a Disturbed fan (I wouldn't just listen to them out of the blue), but if you ever want to get pumped up in the weight room for a game or what not, they are a good choice. Not sure what it is about them but it does the trick for me if I ever need to get hyped up for something
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jimboozie » Thu May 03, 2007 8:34 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:With that said, off the top of my head, my favorite "angry" songs are "Concatenation" and "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" by Meshuggah. I also like Sepultura's take on the Motorhead classic, "Orgasmatron" and even though it was Slayer past its prime, I liked "Here Comes the Pain". I also enjoy some Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse on the side too.

Meshuggah ;-D "Future Breed Machine" ;-D

"Ruin" by Lamb of God gets me going too.
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokeyjoe » Thu May 03, 2007 9:36 pm

I may be the only one, but I tend to listen to more calm music when I get mad to try to become more calm...I guess I'm a little wierd in that respect?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk