What is some of your favorite "ANGRY" music to listen to? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What is some of your favorite "ANGRY" music to listen to?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is some of your favorite "ANGRY" music to listen to?

Postby knapplc » Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:I usually start with a couple songs by Slayer, a couple songs off the early Metallica, then Highway to Hell and Me Against The World, then a couple post grunge band's harder songs(Cochise of the world), then maybe a few hopeful sounding songs(We are already there by the Wallflowers) and to finish it off with some R.E.M(Shiny Happy People) or Third Eye Blind(Semi-Charmed Life is perfect here).

This routine usually calm down pretty good, what are some of the songs you listen to when you are angry?

With all due respect, I like this idea but taking over that thread would be uncool, the merits of the thread notwithstanding. :-D

My current favorite is "For You" by Staind. That song kicks my butt, and I love just shouting the lyrics as loud as I can on a bad drive home from work.

Before that it was probably "Sober" by Tool. That's another kick-butt song. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:50 pm

I have listened to Slayer while I do my taxes for several years.

Recently, I stumbled upon High On Fire, the most recent band involving the 'most metal guy' Matt Pike, and I think that they may pwn Slayer in terms of their metalness. I can't recommend Blessed Black Wings enough for an awesome heavy album. Amazing encapsulated rage...

Clinton's 'I did not have sex with that woman' speech was right before AcidDaughter was born and I did fire up both of my huge guitar amps and jam along w/ 'Back in Black' while I was watching that... :-? :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 am

I'm a metalhead. I should know my share of angry music. }:-)

If I could be serious for a minute, I don't think all metal is really made for the sake of firing you up in an angry way. Most Bay Area Thrash more or less just keeps my adrenaline pumping and melodic death/black metal is rather bleak, but in a surprisingly mellow manner (at least from where I sit).

With that said, off the top of my head, my favorite "angry" songs are "Concatenation" and "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" by Meshuggah. I also like Sepultura's take on the Motorhead classic, "Orgasmatron" and even though it was Slayer past its prime, I liked "Here Comes the Pain". I also enjoy some Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse on the side too.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby smoovethug » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 am

I had my top rated on shuffle on the iPod the other day and "Kim" by Eminem came on. Nice angry song in a relationship type situation.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 03, 2007 12:48 am

Ministry- Psalm 69 ;-D

Jesus built my hotrod.. it's a love affair, mainly jesus.. and my hotrod.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 03, 2007 9:29 am

"_ _ _ _ _ _ Hostile" by Pantera is a good one ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Thu May 03, 2007 9:56 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:"_ _ _ _ _ _ Hostile" by Pantera is a good one ;-D

Their lyrics were awesome, weren't they?

"Are you talking to me? Nooooooo way, punk!!!!!" :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 03, 2007 10:37 am

God Pantera is so over-rated. I literally found a copy of Vulgar Display of Power in a trashcan outside of a used record shop. I should have just left it there. :-b

No offense of course, Dan-O. Pantera just sucks. ;-D

Although I do like "The Badge" from the Crow soundtrack...
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 03, 2007 10:48 am

Simulacrum wrote:God Pantera is so over-rated. I literally found a copy of Vulgar Display of Power in a trashcan outside of a used record shop. I should have just left it there. :-b

No offense of course, Dan-O. Pantera just sucks. ;-D

Although I do like "The Badge" from the Crow soundtrack...

eh...to each their own, no biggie. Vulgar is still one of my favorite albums of all time, Far Beyond Driven and Cowboys From Hell (that is the right name, right?) are pretty sweet too. Great Southern Trendkill started to go downhill and there was at least one after that that was just god awful

The Crow Soundtrack rules...so many good songs on there. may have to pop that one into the CD player soon
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 03, 2007 10:57 am

Sorry, didn't mean to bag on your favorite album. ;-D

I guess I just have an axe to grind with Pantera because 1) they suck and 2) the metal station I listen to on Sirius is totally and completely on Pantera's nuts. Every half hour I've gotta hear some dumb Pantera song. Same story with Iron Maiden. Give me a break with the crappy metal please. :-P

Sepultura on the other hand.. them I like very much. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk