Brandon Marrow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Marrow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Marrow

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 02, 2007 9:44 pm

I play in a Dynasty league with minor league and prospect keepers. We are allowed 3 prospect keepers but must meet certain guidlines. A team in my league just dropped Marrow and I was wondering peoples thoughts on him. Is he going to start at some point for the mariners: ie Wainwright or is he a middle relief pitcher for life? Would you pick him up as a prospect keeper? Right now I have Hochevar, Brandon Wood and Aybar (Hoping that he gets traded). Thoughts would be great.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby godallahstar » Thu May 03, 2007 5:33 pm

I don't think he's going to be starting anytime this year,
but there are many people who see him being a very dominant closer.

Predicting what Seattle will do with him is almost a waste of time.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Thu May 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Its Morrow not Marrow, but I thought I remembered hearing or reading that the Mariners wanted him to become a starter down the road. I dont think that Iwould keep him over some of your other prospects but he is definitely someone to keep an eye on.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hookem2003 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:06 pm

I think they expect him to be a starter, but are using the long relief to break him into the majors.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chip1010 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:06 am

godallahstar wrote:I don't think he's going to be starting anytime this year,

So true. Who the hell knows what they're going to do? But the chances of him starting this year are very slim. Ideally, he'd be in AA right now extending his arm and getting used to being a starter. But it's the Mariners, so screw the future. (F***!!)

They want to groom him as a starter, but he will need a few more pitches. Right now, all he's throwing is a fastball, and he can't control it well. I've never played in a dynasty league, but I can tell you: I think Morrow will be very good, but I can't tell you when. Not this year.

Good luck.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:23 am

Chip1010 wrote:

So true. Who the hell knows what they're going to do? But the chances of him starting this year are very slim. Ideally, he'd be in AA right now extending his arm and getting used to being a starter. But it's the Mariners, so screw the future. (F***!!)

They want to groom him as a starter, but he will need a few more pitches. Right now, all he's throwing is a fastball, and he can't control it well. I've never played in a dynasty league, but I can tell you: I think Morrow will be very good, but I can't tell you when. Not this year.

Good luck.

Hey, if Seattle hadn't traded thier two best setup guys and possibly future closers in Soriano and Fruto, Morrow would be in the minors starting. But they did and left themselves with nobody besides Putz worth a darn in the pen.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Chip1010 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:00 am

Havok1517 wrote:
Chip1010 wrote:

Good luck.

Hey, if Seattle hadn't traded thier two best setup guys and possibly future closers in Soriano and Fruto, Morrow would be in the minors starting. But they did and left themselves with nobody besides Putz worth a darn in the pen.

I know all too well. :~(
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers