Whats your area code? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Whats your area code?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 am

Simulacrum wrote:You know what we really need is a thread about which letter of the alphabet everyone happens to like best.

Gotta be X man

Reason

It was my nickname for my Jr. year in HS
It's the letter of the unknown
It's the letter of the most used variable
It's mysterious.
It results in good names like Xavier Nady or who can forget
"Scissor me Xerxes!"
The Scientology God is named Xenu, if Ron Hubbard is right, we must hail the X

enough reason?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 03, 2007 8:35 am

Just a few things.

My area code is 069 :-D Take that funzo

Oh and my ZIP is 24769

Once everyone is done naming their three digit code, which to me is just three, random numbers, we should continue the letter conversation. Perhaps move onto a discussion about the last four digits of our social security numbers or how often we clip our toenails :-b

Seriously though, this thread has gotten more action than most here lately so I say we run with it.

Can we get the creator of the thread to come back and explain the area code thing?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 03, 2007 9:33 am

Coppermine wrote:Just a few things.

Oh and my ZIP is 24769

Once everyone is done naming their three digit code, which to me is just three, random numbers, we should continue the letter conversation. Perhaps move onto a discussion about the last four digits of our social security numbers or how often we clip our toenails :-b

Seriously though, this thread has gotten more action than most here lately so I say we run with it.

Can we get the creator of the thread to come back and explain the area code thing?

that sounds fun and all but i'd really like to see a thread about toilet paper.

how much do you use, fold or crumple, over hang or under hang

oh...and IBTL ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 03, 2007 9:53 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

Oh and my ZIP is 24769

oh...and IBTL ;-7

No IBTL!

And joke all you want, I WILL start a toilet paper discussion again. It may not be important to you, but it is to me. :,-( B-)

Maybe they should have a toilet paper Museum, so we could see all the toilet paper advancements down through ages... toilet paper during the crusades, the development of the perforation, the 1st six-pack!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 am

Madison wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Is this what GT has come to?

If this isn't proof we need acs back, I don't know what is.

Acs is around. Check his post history.

If this is a dig at something else, it's definitely the wrong way to go about it and you know that, so it's best if you just let it go.

I meant back in GT, and when I posted that he still hadn't come into GT yet. I have no idea what you're talking about with the second part.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 03, 2007 10:44 am

253 YO
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 03, 2007 10:50 am

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Oh and my ZIP is 24769

oh...and IBTL ;-7

No IBTL!

And joke all you want, I WILL start a toilet paper discussion again. It may not be important to you, but it is to me. :,-( B-)

Maybe they should have a toilet paper Museum, so we could see all the toilet paper advancements down through ages... toilet paper during the crusades, the development of the perforation, the 1st six-pack!

i read something a few years ago (maybe even here) celebrating the 100th anniversary (or some such) of splinterless toilet paper 8-o boy the old days must have sucked

i also read they used to use old corn cobs :-P
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 03, 2007 10:54 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Oh and my ZIP is 24769

oh...and IBTL ;-7

No IBTL!

i read something a few years ago (maybe even here) celebrating the 100th anniversary (or some such) of splinterless toilet paper 8-o boy the old days must have sucked

i also read they used to use old corn cobs :-P

The classic 16th century satirical novel Gargantua and Pantagruel by François Rabelais contains references to various toilet paper alternatives. For example, in the 13th chapter of the First Book, titled "How Grandgousier realized Gargantua's marvelous intelligence, by his invention of an Arse-wipe," the giant Gargantua, while still a child, tries dozens of different methods for wiping his bottom, including paper, but unfortunately he finds it "leaves some chips on his ballocks". Finally he discovers the best method.

Haha
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cordscords » Thu May 03, 2007 10:55 am

cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 03, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm a big fan of the "porcelain mute" -- While peeing, if you aim for the porcelain inside the toilet instead of the water, it makes a lot less noise. Does everyone do this or am I just weird?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk