Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SmartassBoiler » Mon May 07, 2007 9:31 am

J35J wrote:Its not about overreacting to slumps, its about him never playing above A ball and being out of baseball for 2+ years. He's been playing well, I'm happy for him, but I'd still be looking to sell him high as it would be very impressive if he can keep it up all season. Being out for 2 years and all the off the field problems I'd be surprised if his stamia and mentality is up for 162 games......I'll still expect a decline as the season goes on. I'm happy for him though, good story!

I'm referring to the people that slam him without a valid reason. You're actually applying logic to your thought and explaining yourself...those are the posts I look for when wanted to find out more about a player. The concern about him not playing much baseball in the past few years is well warranted, but I'd figure the layoff would hurt him more at the beginning of the season. He's a month in and hitting great, so I'm not too worried about the lack of playing time now. The concern about pitchers adjusting to him is warranted as well, but that's something all young hitters will battle, not just Josh Hamilton.

The biggest concern I have with him is his conditioning and how he'll hold up over the 162 game season, like you mentioned at the end of your post. I honestly think he'll keep this up for a while, so his optimum sell high point might be around All-Star break once he establishes his numbers a bit more.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Mon May 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Being a Reds fan, I am happy to say that I have the oppurtunity to watch about 75% of their games. Now a disclaimer, I don't own him in a league. But for all of you who are basing your reactions on Sports Center highlights and chat room banter......please believe, HE IS ALL THAT.

If you had a chance to watch him play reguarly, you would see the little things that he does that simply screams baseball instinct, which to me is his best quality. Now you add all his physical tools(and his skill set is the best I've seen) and it's a no brainer.

I have NO concerns about his abilities....to play the game, to be physically fit, to sustain his endurance.....

IF he doesn't have a drug relapse(nd I'm betting he doesn't) he's gonna be a super star. He's a physical freak with baseball instincts. Like I said, I don't even own him(chose Homer with my first reserve pick and he went 4 picks later), I'm just tellin you.....HE IS THE TRUTH!! Believe and reap the fantasy benefits. Trust me. Today, I take hamilton over Homeo.

Not only did he hose Tavares like previously posted, but you shoulda seen the Edmonds in his prime-like catch he made in center. His first homer was a little wrist flicker that he stayed down on and drove it over the left field wall. His second he was able to turn on(incredible bat speed) and crushed it to right........FREAK!
"Well, I believe...in the hanging curveball...good scotch...I believe there ought to be a constitutional ammendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot..." Crash Davis
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Mon May 07, 2007 5:14 pm

bellybrother wrote:Being a Reds fan, I am happy to say that I have the oppurtunity to watch about 75% of their games. Now a disclaimer, I don't own him in a league. But for all of you who are basing your reactions on Sports Center highlights and chat room banter......please believe, HE IS ALL THAT.

If you had a chance to watch him play reguarly, you would see the little things that he does that simply screams baseball instinct, which to me is his best quality. Now you add all his physical tools(and his skill set is the best I've seen) and it's a no brainer.

I have NO concerns about his abilities....to play the game, to be physically fit, to sustain his endurance.....

IF he doesn't have a drug relapse(nd I'm betting he doesn't) he's gonna be a super star. He's a physical freak with baseball instincts. Like I said, I don't even own him(chose Homer with my first reserve pick and he went 4 picks later), I'm just tellin you.....HE IS THE TRUTH!! Believe and reap the fantasy benefits. Trust me. Today, I take hamilton over Homeo.

Not only did he hose Tavares like previously posted, but you shoulda seen the Edmonds in his prime-like catch he made in center. His first homer was a little wrist flicker that he stayed down on and drove it over the left field wall. His second he was able to turn on(incredible bat speed) and crushed it to right........FREAK!

Cool.

Are there any videos out there to watch the plays he made in the field vs fast Willie and the over-the-shoulder catch?

I *am* a Hamilton owner in multiple leagues, and I can dig it.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 255)

Postby dmendro » Tue May 08, 2007 10:06 am

dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue May 08, 2007 10:18 am

still firmly on the bandwagon here, but i think i'll keep an eye out for any more matchups vs. Oswalt...0 for 5 last night... !+)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Bwanna » Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 am

dmendro wrote:Yes there are videos of him.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/multimed ... p?c_id=cin

Sweet. I was hoping to find some of him throwing some runners out.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 255)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers