Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu May 03, 2007 1:02 am

Another oh-fer...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BostonBK7 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:57 am

Hamilton will hit a HR off Jason Hirsh on Friday and the bandwagon will keep rolling.

You can quote me on this because I know that it will happen.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jswede » Thu May 03, 2007 7:56 am

as I mentioned in a (different) Hamilton thread:

that was Oswalt last night. 4 hitter. 5 other Reds went 0-fer.

he's had a bad three - count em - games in a row. Before that he was on a 6 game hit streak and hitting .290, 6hr, 14rbi, 12runs in..... 56 ABs.

but you go ahead and drop him......
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dmendro » Thu May 03, 2007 9:40 am

alchemy wrote:Fortunately, or unfortunately, I watch most games because I got the MLB mosaic mumbo-jumbo.

Hamilton looks good. But only cause teams don't have a gameplan on him. Same story with a lot of new guys in the league. Teams start keying in on player tendencies and they adjust.

I may seem like a disgruntled EE owner. But, Edwin Encarnacion has shown serious potential at third base.

It's interesting -- and admittedly this is a strange tangent -- over the past four years, the Reds had two other players who suddenly put up tremendous numbers in Wily Mo Pena and Jose Guillen. I don't remember the team handing them starting jobs. Hmm ... what do Jose Guillen and Wily Mo Pena have in common that Josh Hamilton doesn't?

they can't play defense? Hamilton is a fantastic defensive player. He could easily get a gold glove if he plays full time. Great arm, great glove, speed, quick, powerful bat. I mean you said you've seen him play, but did you actually watch him play? He's fluid.

Yes he will struggle at times, as do ALL MLB players. We'll see how he does, but I see no reason so far to get off the sauce when it comes to Hamilton. He has a very nice 11/17 BB/K ratio, which is something you want from a slugger. He's got a real nice .254/.361/.563 ratio, after going hitless in 3 games.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby zevon » Thu May 03, 2007 9:43 am

At the moment, he's my lowest ranked OF and The Next Big Thing Mr Hunter Pence comes off the wire tomorrow.
I have a #1 priority and no one else I'd consider cutting at this point - thoughts?
12 team H2H w/OPS.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 03, 2007 2:00 pm

zevon wrote:At the moment, he's my lowest ranked OF and The Next Big Thing Mr Hunter Pence comes off the wire tomorrow.
I have a #1 priority and no one else I'd consider cutting at this point - thoughts?
12 team H2H w/OPS.

YEAH WAIT ONE MORE DAY FOR BILLY BUTLER!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby stumpak » Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Frankly this is a stupid thread. Hamilton was, as mentioned, the #1 pick in the baseball draft. He was considered one of the best pure talents of the decade. It is ridiculous to compare him to Shelton or Guillen at any level. This is not to say that he will not run into stumlbing blocks this season - he is a rookie who took several years off and never played above AA. And there is risk long term since we really don't know know whether he is a Strawberry type of guy who will fall of the wagon repeatedly. But he is definitely not a flash in the pan in the Shelton mode.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 pm

stumpak wrote:Frankly this is a stupid thread. Hamilton was, as mentioned, the #1 pick in the baseball draft. He was considered one of the best pure talents of the decade. It is ridiculous to compare him to Shelton or Guillen at any level. This is not to say that he will not run into stumlbing blocks this season - he is a rookie who took several years off and never played above AA. And there is risk long term since we really don't know know whether he is a Strawberry type of guy who will fall of the wagon repeatedly. But he is definitely not a flash in the pan in the Shelton mode.

you said it so much better than i could. ;-D
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby mrkrab2003 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:29 am

Young 8 wrote:0.254

He raised his batting avg to .264 in one day and with 1 ab. I guess this kid is BACK!
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 04, 2007 10:55 am

mrkrab2003 wrote:
Young 8 wrote:0.254

He raised his batting avg to .264 in one day and with 1 ab. I guess this kid is BACK!

;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers