Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now That The Josh Hamilton Band Wagon Is Starting To End ...

Postby alchemy » Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm

... can we get back to giving Freel and Encarnacion some full PT? Double EE needs to continue his development and the Reds need a true full time catalyst at the time of the lineup.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zEli173 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:21 pm

The bandwagon is far from over. Hamilton may be scuffling recently, but he is for real.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby alchemy » Wed May 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Not this year.

Early in the season, starting pitchers were trying to blow fast balls by him. They're beginning to make adjustments and Hamilton's going to be on the bench soon.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed May 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Edwin has started hitting much better this week. So of course he gets benched today.
ivesaidway2much
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby alchemy » Wed May 02, 2007 8:32 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:Edwin has started hitting much better this week. So of course he gets benched today.

It really is ridiculous. Narron is a terrible coach. You have to imagine the team is not too impressed with guys who have been there a while being bumped on the depth chart for a Rule 5 pickup.

Anybody notice the Reds record has been worse now that he's a starter than it was the first two weeks of the season.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IllinoisBandit » Wed May 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Watch a game instead of looking at the box score once in a while. Freel and EE are role players; Hamilton is a star.

Almost every ball he hits is a rope. I'm all for letting him sit against every lefty, but he's a monster against all but the best righties.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:24 pm

alchemy wrote:
ivesaidway2much wrote:Edwin has started hitting much better this week. So of course he gets benched today.

It really is ridiculous. Narron is a terrible coach. You have to imagine the team is not too impressed with guys who have been there a while being bumped on the depth chart for a Rule 5 pickup.

Anybody notice the Reds record has been worse now that he's a starter than it was the first two weeks of the season.

You obviously are only starting this post to vent about having Edwin on your team and not getting Hamilton. The reds record has nothing to do with ONE player who has been playing well and Hamilton has all the potential in the world to succeed. One would expect his numbers to come back down, but there is a big reason why he is getting playing time and its not because he sucks.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby converge241 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Eventually the Reds will have to work out a trade with TB because a time will come when they HAVE to send Hamilton down to AAA to become a better player as the league catches up with him
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby alchemy » Wed May 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I watch most games because I got the MLB mosaic mumbo-jumbo.

Hamilton looks good. But only cause teams don't have a gameplan on him. Same story with a lot of new guys in the league. Teams start keying in on player tendencies and they adjust.

I may seem like a disgruntled EE owner. But, Edwin Encarnacion has shown serious potential at third base.

It's interesting -- and admittedly this is a strange tangent -- over the past four years, the Reds had two other players who suddenly put up tremendous numbers in Wily Mo Pena and Jose Guillen. I don't remember the team handing them starting jobs. Hmm ... what do Jose Guillen and Wily Mo Pena have in common that Josh Hamilton doesn't?
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wk1b25 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:10 pm

Hmm ... what do Jose Guillen and Wily Mo Pena have in common that Josh Hamilton doesn't?

Hmm...they weren't the first pick of the MLB draft and were never considered to be 5-tool perennial all-star potential players? Or is it neither really got along with the club very well nor fit into their plans long-term at the time, I doubt the players/management in Cincinnati were too upset to get rid of Guillen (just ask Mike Scocia about the clubhouse benefits Guillen adds).

Give me a break, why would you even suggest something so ridiculous.
Wk1b25
T-Ball Trainer

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers