OT- Playoff Football - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

OT- Playoff Football

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OT- Playoff Football

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:57 pm

I don't know if this is allowed here but we're going off topic...come on people!!! I think I can talk about a little football until pitchers and catchers report in 35 days :-D So who is everyone rooting for? Or do you not care? Personally I'm a huge Pats fan (Sox are still my team though) and once again they are getting no respect from the media, all talk is on Manning and how he is unstoppable...kinda reminds me of 2001 and I kinda like it ;-D Its suppose to be 21 degrees at game time and its going to feel like Florida weather to the Pats because its been about 0 degrees since last Thursday...brrrrr.....actually getting pretty sick of it. So with that being said, I pick the Colts to win (reverse psychology shhh)

Anyways in the NFC I would like the Eagles to win because I think the Panthers are the scariest team in the playoffs right now. Great D and offense that just does enough to win the game. But I got the Panthers beating the Eagles.

Opinions?
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:59 pm

to me..I think the Patriots vs. Colts game is going to be the highlight of the playoffs. The super bowl will be a joke for whoever goes up against one of these guys.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:03 am

no no no don't move it! those guys are cool enough to hang with the Fantasy Baseball Talk crew! I'm just playing
Last edited by Trot Nixon on Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby the_tenman » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:03 am

I am a Colts fan and I know New England is going to beat us. Defense wins the big games.
the_tenman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brokentusks9 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:27 am

Carolina. Mark it.

And New England is going to get upset big time. }:-)
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jivedude » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:34 am

Nah, the Patriots will win the Super Bowl.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:40 am

hearing the way everyone is talking...the Colts are the favorites. "No one can stop Manning, James, and Harrison" But don't get my wrong the Colts are an excellent team and its going to be a tough game but I think the Pats are just an all around better team but the Colts aren't that far behind.

Whoever this guy Jim Harmon is really knows what he's talking about Image(from cbssportsline) "Has anyone gone from can-he-win-a-big-one to can-anybody-stop-him faster than the Colts' Peyton Manning? The Patriots' secondary is better than the Chiefs', but not much, so we think Indy will overcome the doubts that come with having lost 11 of its last 13 to N.E., most recently 38-34 on Nov. 30. Frankly, we're worried most about the Colts' punting team, which has to be rusty, having not seen any action since the last game of the regular season."

right buddy, you got it, the Chiefs are just a bit better on D than the Pats...
Thanks chipper!!!!

Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Brokentusks9 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:52 am

LOL how does he keep his job?

The Pats secondary is studly... The Chiefs secondary might be able to stop Florida State. Emphasis on MIGHT.

I think it'll be a good game, but I'll be pulling for Indianapolis simply because New England would beat whoever the NFC sends and I'd like to see a good Super Bowl.
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to General Talk