Another suspended game for Yahoo to deal with - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another suspended game for Yahoo to deal with

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another suspended game for Yahoo to deal with

Postby EricF » Wed May 02, 2007 2:08 pm

As happened the first week of the season, a game was suspended and completed the next day. I could use the save Dempster got today from the Cubs-Pirates game that started yesterday. I assume Yahoo will get the stats from today's leftover innings by Sunday.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 02, 2007 2:32 pm

We should handle it as we did last time, which matches our documented help. When the game is completed, we'll get stat corrections to add the additional stats as if they happened the day of the game. If you are in a roto or points-based league, this is all very straightforward; we apply the stat corrections weekly, as described on the Stat Corrections page. The only weirdness comes in Head To Head. The way we handle this, in an effort to be consistent and not have really bizarre cases, is: if a stat correction comes to us after the week in which the stats were initially received, then we do NOT apply the change to H2H matchups. In the case where we got a stat correction (or game completion) long after the original game was played, this would wreak havoc; we'd arguably have to go back and rescore the game, which could change the outcome, which could impact playoff matchups for playoffs that already started, etc. etc. Ugly stuff.

So. If a game is suspended, as long as it is completed within the same week, everything should work itself out very cleanly. If it is completed after the week ends, then it will eventually get fixed for roto and points scoring, but the additional stats will not get incorporated in H2H.

Hope this helps...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Nerfherders » Wed May 02, 2007 4:09 pm

Will any extra stats from a suspended game then be attached to the week in which the game was completed, if this is in a later scoring period? For example, if they could not complete the game today but had to finish it in week 16, would Dempster's save be counted in the week 16 stats? Or just disregarded entirely?
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby hot4tx » Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:We should handle it as we did last time, which matches our documented help. When the game is completed, we'll get stat corrections to add the additional stats as if they happened the day of the game. If you are in a roto or points-based league, this is all very straightforward; we apply the stat corrections weekly, as described on the Stat Corrections page. The only weirdness comes in Head To Head. The way we handle this, in an effort to be consistent and not have really bizarre cases, is: if a stat correction comes to us after the week in which the stats were initially received, then we do NOT apply the change to H2H matchups. In the case where we got a stat correction (or game completion) long after the original game was played, this would wreak havoc; we'd arguably have to go back and rescore the game, which could change the outcome, which could impact playoff matchups for playoffs that already started, etc. etc. Ugly stuff.

So. If a game is suspended, as long as it is completed within the same week, everything should work itself out very cleanly. If it is completed after the week ends, then it will eventually get fixed for roto and points scoring, but the additional stats will not get incorporated in H2H.

Hope this helps...

It helps nothing! Yahoo sucks and I have no fun in any of my 7-odd Yahoo and Yahoo Plus leagues or any of the Yahoo football, basketball or hockey leagues I play in every single year. Ever. ;-) I keed, I keed.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Nerfherders wrote:Will any extra stats from a suspended game then be attached to the week in which the game was completed, if this is in a later scoring period? For example, if they could not complete the game today but had to finish it in week 16, would Dempster's save be counted in the week 16 stats? Or just disregarded entirely?

In the circumstance you describe, in a H2H league, the additional stats would not be credited to any team for any week.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby cookman » Fri May 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Yahoo still hasn't fixed this. WTF is going on? Does anyone know anything? Does it really take a week to add 2 innings worth of stats to their database?
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby talldarkandnerdy » Sat May 05, 2007 1:20 am

cookman wrote:Yahoo still hasn't fixed this. WTF is going on? Does anyone know anything? Does it really take a week to add 2 innings worth of stats to their database?

I was wondering this myself. Really hope they don't miss the stat corrections for this one.
talldarkandnerdy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers