Where do the A's finish this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Oakland A's

Where do the A's finish this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:22 am

Mr Guest needs to chill out. :-°
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:28 am

Will I become indomitable if I read Moneyball?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:26 am

bell wrote:Will I become indomitable if I read Moneyball?

LMAO,

I was reading where people were actually "changing the way they live their lifes", because of this stupid book. Here is a case were a "Cafe Member" lost his nads over it. what a fricking coward
Where do we get "these guest's" anyways? Gotta be a sale on "spineless" somewhere, because we sure have been getten a ton latley :-o And why do people lash out at Madison of people? I could see like erboes or someone like that but this is crazy Madison. What did you do but offer time and help.

What is the matter "guest" ? Mommy didn't have your "Little Pizza's" ready when ya got home so you lashed out ...

"Fricking generation Y" .. :: Smack self in the head ... "WHY??" ::

Let take a look at the third place A's

Curent Batting Order

1 Mark Ellis ... Career .257 BA - .331 OBP
2 Mark Kotsay ... Career .281 BA - .338 OBP
3 Eric Chavez ... Career .277 BA - .346 OBP
4 Jermaine Dye ... Career .273 BA - .335 OBP
5 Erubiel Durazo ... Career .270 BA - .383 OBP
6 Scott Hatteberg ... Career .267 BA - .357 OBP
7 Bobby Kielty ... Career .261 BA - .367 OBP
8 Bobby Crosby ...
9 Damian Miller ... Career .262 BA - .329 OBP .

Any Pitcher worth his weight in salt looks at that and drools. All he has to do is throw it right down the middle. There is nobody to fear here. There is no Giambi or Tejada anymore. Just a bunch of guys, nobody else wants because they cant swing a bat. The only guy who can "get a hit" close to 3 out of every 10 times is no threat to go deap. As a matter of fact he has a bad back. Yep. Just pitch to em all, .. ... right down the middle.

This is really close to the worst lineup in baseball BTW ... There are two guys I would take in Fantasy drafts here .. 2.
The rest is "MLB's 3 Day Old Leftover's"
After looking at there colective BA, I am downgrading both of them.
Let some other sucker draft Chavez and Crosby. The rest is garbage.

Ya know the more I look at it, Oakland may not even be third. You may be on to something here Mad. If Texas can get at least one solid arm to go along with Rogers, they have a great shot at third this year.

as for this punkass, Don't let him get ya down Madison. I am typing up a "Freedom of Information Act" form right now. I am going to send it to Arlo, and figure out who this "Cafe Member" is. That way we can expose this coward name. I bet this is the same guy who has been attacking you in the "Closer Watch" thread too. :-? Interesting
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Arlo » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:20 pm

Calm down, folks...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:03 pm

wrveres wrote:I was reading where people were actually "changing the way they live their lifes", because of this stupid book. Here is a case were a "Cafe Member" lost his nads over it. what a fricking coward

More like, I felt like logging out and saying my mind so people wouldn't whine every time I posted with my name. My life isn't changed by the book, only my perception on baseball. Looks like you've lost your nads over the topic, though.

wrveres wrote:And why do people lash out at Madison of people? I could see like erboes or someone like that but this is crazy Madison. What did you do but offer time and help.

First of all, I don't see how such a delusional proposition would be considered "help".

wrveres wrote:What is the matter "guest" ? Mommy didn't have your "Little Pizza's" ready when ya got home so you lashed out ...

"Fricking generation Y" .. :: Smack self in the head ...

No comment.. I really expected something less juvenile from you.
wrveres wrote:Ya know the more I look at it, Oakland may not even be third. You may be on to something here Mad. If Texas can get at least one solid arm to go along with Rogers, they have a great shot at third this year.
Woohoo! Bust out the champagne!

wrveres wrote: as for this punkass, Don't let him get ya down Madison. I am typing up a "Freedom of Information Act" form right now. I am going to send it to Arlo, and figure out who this "Cafe Member" is. That way we can expose this coward name.

I'm sure Madison is very grateful for this defense, considering he already said he knows exactly who I am. Thanks for nothing, Mr. Hero!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bukoski77 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:25 pm

Dont feed the trolls, if you ignore them they go away to find another forum they can generate a response.

Curent Batting Order

1 Mark Ellis ... Career .257 BA - .331 OBP
2 Mark Kotsay ... Career .281 BA - .338 OBP
3 Eric Chavez ... Career .277 BA - .346 OBP
4 Jermaine Dye ... Career .273 BA - .335 OBP
5 Erubiel Durazo ... Career .270 BA - .383 OBP
6 Scott Hatteberg ... Career .267 BA - .357 OBP
7 Bobby Kielty ... Career .261 BA - .367 OBP
8 Bobby Crosby ...
9 Damian Miller ... Career .262 BA - .329 OBP .

Your right wrveres that does look really bad on paper. We have 4 wild cards to work with though, and my faith in the system Beane works with makes me feel it is better than it looks on paper.

Mark Kotsay, still young and almost to the state of giving up on his potential ever developing but he has all the tools to be a 5 category contributor. He is 28 so this is about the last year to hope he can become something of a .290+ 20HR 85RBI 15 SB 80 R threat. His health is a pretty questionable if, but Oakland didnt complete the deal until he passed a physical.................................

Jermaine Dye, was a monster a few years ago in KC on the verge of becomeing a top tier fantasy outfielder. Had a miserable injury filled year last year, but the three preceding years he averaged .287 28HR 103RBI 91R and 59 walks. He is 30 or 31 one now so he is a long shot to top those numbers again but he isnt washed up, he can still come close to that.

Erubiel Durazo, a HR monster in part time duty with the D-backs who pitchers caught up to real quick in the AL. He isnt going to develop into an all-star but if he can quit falling behind on the count he can top 25 HR and push 100RBI.

Bobby Crosby, lots of rookie hype etc.................... Lets just hope he can handle the big leagues.

I'm not naive. All four of those guys arent going to have the successfull season I alluded to as possible. If say just two of them reach those expectations than the Oakland lineup is not nearly as horrendous as it looks now. My personal take is Dye and Kotsay will come close to what I listed earlier.

Stranger things have happened. A couple of guys named Encarnacion and Lowell finally lived up to their potential and hype last year carrying a pitching heavy light on the bats team to the world series.

I like enough of what I see on paper to feel confident in predicting them to stay in contention for 1st throughout the season and be nowhere near 4th. Oh yeah, our pitching got better........................
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:34 pm

Ok, with Chavez gone for 6-7 weeks if not more, my A's are all but done for :~( .

I still dont think my spring training argument was too far off the mark though.

Dye is out performing even what I hoped for on my last reply to this thread. Durazo and Crosby have had a few hot streaks and arent too far off the mark. Kotsay well.............. OK, he will never be anything more than an average big league OF'er.

Chavez getting hurt was a shame.

I'm pulling for your Rangers now Madison ;-D . The Rangers didnt bring in any serious pitching after moveing A-Rod, but their starters are over achieving. A drop off is to be expected, but if they dont fall too far then a +.500 record, 2nd place, and just maybe a small bit of pennant chase talk could happen.

As a small market jaded A's fan, somebody please overtake the Angels.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kingsac » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:25 pm

A's are in first, just blew Texas out of the water, won game one with yankees and lost a super closeone 11innigs to NY today. Rubber match Zito against Brown

All you haters are quiet huh. Seatle in second, ha
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:33 am

Kingsac wrote:Rubber match Zito against Brown

Tough game for the A's. Gonna be a good race down the stretch!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingsac » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:10 pm

damn we keep winnin and so are the angels and rangers. looks like we are gonna have to do it in september against them. well we are on our sweep of baltimore right now.....
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Oakland A's