Yahoo Browser Scripts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Browser Scripts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Browser Scripts

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 pm

higherpie wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Fixed my farm script to work with the latest versions of Firefox and Greasemonkey:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/29923

Hey Bwanna,

Couple of questions about this script:

For me in Firefox, installing this script breaks Yahoo's player search function (typing a name in the search box doesn't result in a drop-down list of matching players, and clicking on "search" doesn't work either). So it makes searching players pretty much impossible. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there any (easy?) way to make this script work in Chrome? I'd be happy to "buy your lunch today" if you're able to make it happen. :-)

You already can run the script in Chrome. You need to get Tampermonkey extension and then you just install the script from Bwanna's userscript page.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby higherpie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
higherpie wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Fixed my farm script to work with the latest versions of Firefox and Greasemonkey:

Hey Bwanna,

For me in Firefox, installing this script breaks Yahoo's player search function (typing a name in the search box doesn't result in a drop-down list of matching players, and clicking on "search" doesn't work either). So it makes searching players pretty much impossible. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there any (easy?) way to make this script work in Chrome? I'd be happy to "buy your lunch today" if you're able to make it happen. :-)

You already can run the script in Chrome. You need to get Tampermonkey extension and then you just install the script from Bwanna's userscript page.

That is tremendous. I had only ever natively loaded scripts into Chrome. Didn't even know Tampermonkey existed. Thank you!

And the script is fantastic, save for one small thing that I don't think works right, that I let Bwanna know about when I contributed to his lunch fund. ;-D
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks higherpie. I'll take a look when I get a chance.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:27 pm

higherpie wrote:

Hey Bwanna,

The problem with the player search page is one that started last year because of javascript that Yahoo now uses to update only a portion of the page. The userscript normally kicks in when a page is refreshed, which is what used to happen every time you searched. But now that doesn't happen - Yahoo just sends the search data from the browser using Javascript, then uses the result to re-render only a portion of the page. :( The only thing that I can think to do, is add a button to invoke the script again after a search, or to have it fire repeatedly every couple of seconds, but that could cause other problems.

You can still refresh the page and have it highlight players, if the URL in the browser has changed. For example Zack Cozart is on my farm. Searching for Zack Cozart and clicking the Search button won't cause him to be highlighted because of what I said earlier. But refreshing the page _after_ searching for him will because Yahoo has updated the URL to
Code: Select all
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/.../playersearch?&search=Zack%20Cozart
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mblax10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 am

Does the matchup rating script work this year? I can't seem to get it using Chrome.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HustlinOwl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

hmmm, my farm teams just stop showing up through firefox. Can someone please assist?
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Dunno - mine are working in FF.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HustlinOwl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Bwanna wrote:Dunno - mine are working in FF.

can you give me the code your using to see if Im doing something wrong?? Cant even get FF to save my lineups for the past year. Saving/saved is not showing like it does on exlplorer and chrome
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mblax10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 pm

My farm players are being highlighted correctly in Chrome, but the summary at the bottom of each team page disappeared in the past week or so.

Try refreshing the page. If guys aren't showing up.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HustlinOwl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 am

man how frustrating 2 years no issues and now all of a sudden WTF
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext