Yahoo Browser Scripts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Browser Scripts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Browser Scripts

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Bwanna wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Bwanna, love the new feature that's like a last warning when you try to pick up a flagged farm player. Was just trying to put in a claim on James Darnell in a league where I noticed he was already owned by someone who made a savvy pickup in 2010 :-o ;-) B-)

Which new feature?

Maybe it's not new :-D

I usually don't have to worry about going after people's farm pickups because I do my due diligence when I'm unsure, but I was shocked to see Darnell's name show up in red with a strange icon next to it and a message that his name matched that of a player owned by a different owner B-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Ah, yeah. That's been around a year or so. For those time when players are added to the Yahoo database but the Yahoo IDs haven't been added to the league's spreadsheet. And, it only works if the names are spelled the same.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:13 am

Any chance of combining one and two, maybe sticking the quick reply, below the quick view. not sure if it would even work, but it sure would be cool. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Bwanna » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:57 am

wrveres wrote:Any chance of combining one and two, maybe sticking the quick reply, below the quick view. not sure if it would even work, but it sure would be cool. ;-D

Probably not much of a chance (from me - the code's there for anyone to mess with). I don't use the script to view the last post right now. :-/
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby suckerpuncher » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 am

Is there any chance you could update the Hockey Farm Script to the FireFox 4+ standards?
Thanks.
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby suckerpuncher » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:59 am

Nevermind.
Found the 4 entries you changed in the baseball farm script and modified it for the hockey script and it runs smoothly.

Thanks for keeping a good changelog. ;-D
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 pm

suckerpuncher wrote:Nevermind.
Found the 4 entries you changed in the baseball farm script and modified it for the hockey script and it runs smoothly.

Send me your changes and I'll upload it. I don't play in hockey leagues, so it's not a priority.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby suckerpuncher » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Bwanna wrote:
suckerpuncher wrote:Nevermind.

Send me your changes and I'll upload it. I don't play in hockey leagues, so it's not a priority.

I just followed your changelog for the fantasy basaball script and changed the variable class and all of its occurences in the script to cls.
Lines 327, 329. 331 and 343.

That's it.

Here's the link to the script I use: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85353

But beware in order to make it easier to use for everyone in my league I hardcoded the link to our farm script so there will be no asking for the link. That might need to be changed for others to use it.

Now the stats still get shown right away like they used to be in the old baseball script without clicking "Get Career Stats". Not sure why though since the part of the code is exactly the same. But fine with me saves me a click.
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Fixed my farm script to work with the latest versions of Firefox and Greasemonkey:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/29923
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby higherpie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Bwanna wrote:Fixed my farm script to work with the latest versions of Firefox and Greasemonkey:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/29923

Hey Bwanna,

Couple of questions about this script:

For me in Firefox, installing this script breaks Yahoo's player search function (typing a name in the search box doesn't result in a drop-down list of matching players, and clicking on "search" doesn't work either). So it makes searching players pretty much impossible. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there any (easy?) way to make this script work in Chrome? I'd be happy to "buy your lunch today" if you're able to make it happen. :-)
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers