Kevin Slowey... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Kevin Slowey...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Slowey...

Postby B-Chad » Wed May 02, 2007 2:52 am

Here is another example of a guy not getting enough pub since Lincecum is pitching so phenomenal. Slowey is also stuck in the shadow of Matt Garza and Glen Perkins (who is already on the Twins roster). Any chance Slowey leap frogs Matt Garza and gets the call up before him? Ponson just pitched well the other night, but it seems like the combination of Ramon Ortiz, Carlos Silva and Sidney Ponson is a ticking time bomb. The Twins seem to be doing the right thing developing pitching so I suppose who am I to question their decision making... but... Kevin Slowey's AAA line reads... 3-0 in 4 starts with a 1.05 ERA (yes 1.05) with 28 K's in 25.2 IP. And oh yeah, hitters are only hitting .152 against him and he's walked a whopping 2 batters. Those are numbers, minus the K's, that rival Tim Lincecum (I'm a Giants fan, so I'm not trying to diminish Lincecum's accomplishments this season, and he is the better prospect). Just curious what the latest on Slowey is, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadMobius » Wed May 02, 2007 9:55 am

I like Slowey a LOT but he is behind a bunch of talented pitchers in the Minn system. Remember that they will be getting Liriano back next season (if you're in a keeper league). For some reason, Minn likes those d-bag pitchers even though they have all of these solid pitchers coming up. Hard to complain too much with their development though.

Now I have read that Slowey does not project out to be a big strikeout pitcher at the major league level. This is kind of a surprise given his strikeout rates in the minors but what do I know... hard to argue with his control though, he doesn't put people on for free...

Honestly, I don't see how he'll get a legitimate shot in the majors with all of those pitchers in front him. It would seem like a lot of injuries or trades would need to happen. Trade him to a NL team, that would rule!!!
MadMobius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball