Alex Gonzalez- SS, CIN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gonzalez- SS, CIN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 08, 2007 11:49 am

chipper wrote:No disrespect, but I think I would have found a way to keep Victorino.
Hitting where he does is huge, especially since Utley and Howard haven't even fully got it going yet. I know the steals aren't as big, but you still get a couple points per right?

Right now Victorino is up there in "points" with the likes of Holliday, C Lee, Crawford......

I know he probably doesn't finish up there with them, but he will definately out point Gonzalez this year, don't you think?

I guess it depends on what your roster looks like, but I think I'd find a way to have the Flyin Hawaiin on my team.

It is looking more and more like you are right about that, BUT in the league in which I own AGonz, SBs mean basically squat. My lineup is so stacked in the league with guys who are sneakily heavy point talliers that I'm out to like a 2200 to 1900 lead over everybody else in spite of having 30 fewer innings pitched than other teams (1 point per out) that are even close to my point total. I've allowed myself some freedom to mix it up with the UTIL spot because every other hitting spot is absolutely locked in. (14 team)

C- Martin
1B- Papi
2B- Kinsler
3B- Chipper
SS- Rollins
OF- Holliday
OF- Pierre- top 10 point scorer in this format last year
OF- Cuddyer/Hamilton
Util- AGonz

There's a chance that Vic will be a top 50 hitter all season, and being at the top of the lineup will afford him a good opportunity to score a lot of points, but I dropped him before his current hot streak and I don't expect him to outscore any of my lineup staples.

In roto though, you'd be right, I'd be crying right now. Those steals would be way too valuable, but I missed out on him in roto, got there ten minutes too late and had to settle for Rowand.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dewey finn » Tue May 08, 2007 12:08 pm

who are you trying to convince? him or yourself?
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 08, 2007 12:41 pm

dewey finn wrote:who are you trying to convince? him or yourself?

He brought it up. If I lose the league, perhaps I'll point back to that moment, but I'm not the least bit worried about it. Believe me, if you were in the league, you'd understand.

Also, I wanted to make the distinction between Victorino's value in roto and in points.

But thanks for going there. Perhaps I should lay on a leather couch and have you ask me questions like this for 2 hours every week?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 08, 2007 12:41 pm

Light Hitting Alex Gonzalez will always be light hitting
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 08, 2007 12:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:Light Hitting Alex Gonzalez will always be light hitting

Over 162 games, I pretty much can't disagree. He's a deep league rental. I acknowledge that in the initial post.

Also, keep in mind, I dropped Shane one week ago today. He's made me look foolish for doing so over that span (yahoo rank #1 overall over that span I just realized !+) ), but this thread is about Alex, not Shane.

Shane was only 1/7 during his tenure on my team, I was feeling adventurous and going through players frequently at the Util spot. AGonz only has 3 fewer points in my format over the last week (38-35), but Vic definitely represents the better long term value.

What can I say? I'm embarassed. I've still done well short term with Gonz
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chipper » Tue May 08, 2007 3:18 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:But thanks for going there. Perhaps I should lay on a leather couch and have you ask me questions like this for 2 hours every week?

LMAO :-D
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers