Milwaukee Brewers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milwaukee Brewers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Ehh. Guess I was a year early. I figured they'd be donig this last year. :-/

Oh well.

One thing to consider: they actually have been pretty lucky in their stretch thus far, with a run differential not at all in proportion to their W-L record.

That said, I expect the offense to pick up, and Dave Bush and Ben Sheets to suck less, so this team's definitely got what it takes to keep it up.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sat May 05, 2007 10:31 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Ehh. Guess I was a year early. I figured they'd be donig this last year. :-/

Oh well.

One thing to consider: they actually have been pretty lucky in their stretch thus far, with a run differential not at all in proportion to their W-L record.

That said, I expect the offense to pick up, and Dave Bush and Ben Sheets to suck less, so this team's definitely got what it takes to keep it up.

This is true but at the same time they have a strong end of the bullpen and a weak middle of the bullpen which leads to winning most close games and getting blown out more than normal. I don't think anyone really expects 100+ wins out of them which is what they are pace for.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jswede » Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 pm

Ender wrote:They'll crash a bit in late May unfortunately.

3 @ NYM
4 @ PHI
3 vs MIN
3 @ LAD
3 @ SD
3 vs ATL

Thats probably the most brutal stretch of schedule they have all year from May 11th to May 30th.

They've been exclusively beating up on the bottom of the weak(est?) NL Central for the last 16 games, and 22 out of 30. Except for the Dodgers, in their first series, no other opponent is over .500. (This, in part, due to Brewer losses, of course.)

I like the Brewers, but let's check back on this June 1.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 pm

jswede wrote:
Ender wrote:They'll crash a bit in late May unfortunately.

3 @ NYM
4 @ PHI
3 vs MIN
3 @ LAD
3 @ SD
3 vs ATL

Thats probably the most brutal stretch of schedule they have all year from May 11th to May 30th.

They've been exclusively beating up on the bottom of the weak(est?) NL Central for the last 16 games, and 22 out of 30. Except for the Dodgers, in their first series, no other opponent is over .500. (This, in part, due to Brewer losses, of course.)

I like the Brewers, but let's check back on this June 1.

Its a very intersting stretch for them though, if they can come out of that set of games with even close to a .500 record I think they are for real. Most of those games are on teh road against playoff teams. If they come out of it over .500 I fully expect them to make the playoffs unless they get major injury problems.

If they totally tank it I think ti means they are good enough to beat the weak teams in the central but not good enough to compete come playoff time assuming they win the division.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Danimal » Sun May 06, 2007 11:32 am

They've been routing some of the mediocre clubs recently. I look forward to some of those big match-up this month. As some have suggested, the Brewers have not yet played up to their potential. Wait till they really start clicking offensively.

;-D ;-D ;-D
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DON'T RUB IT!!! » Sun May 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Their best pitcher (Sheets) hasn't got on track yet and Billy Hall hasn't hit yet. These two will pick it up, hopefully during the tough stretch later this month. Hardy will fall off a bit offensively but nevertheless is one of the best defensive ss in the game so his offense is a bonus. Their weak point is 3b w/ the Graff/Counsil platoon hitting just over .200. Braun is raking in the minors and his defense is improving. I think he will be up by the break to improve the offense.
Other than Spurling, one has confidence in every middle reliever and Tbow/Cordero combo is the best in the bigs right now. Winning series at home and splitting on the road will win this division. The NL is much weaker than the AL so they could do some damage in the playoffs. They must stay injury free and the excitement of '82 could become reality...

P.S. thanks Bud for finally releasing your chokehold on this franchise, tell Wendy I said hi...
DON'T RUB IT!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Sun May 06, 2007 12:16 pm

They also have two of the best MLB ready prospects in Gallardo and Braun. I think they will be good all season but again, it comes down to how healthy/effective Sheets is.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers