Milwaukee Brewers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milwaukee Brewers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 pm

I also bet on my sleeper team the 49ers $15 @ 75-1.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 02, 2007 8:10 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:I bet $40 on the Brew Crew to win the WS @ 50-1 odds :-D .

8-o

When did you get those odds? Outstanding!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby IllinoisBandit » Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 pm

I like 'em a lot, but I think that D of theirs will leave them on the outside looking in when October comes around.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm

RynMan wrote:
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:I bet $40 on the Brew Crew to win the WS @ 50-1 odds :-D .

8-o

Thanks Rynman. My brother placed those bets for me @ the Hilton Feb 20th. Hope no hard feelings and good luck to your A's this year.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Wed May 02, 2007 9:01 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:I like 'em a lot, but I think that D of theirs will leave them on the outside looking in when October comes around.

I dunno about that, fielder is an average 1B. Weeks has been much better this year. Hardy is a very good SS. Jenkins is a good fielder and Hart is an average fielder. Hall started poorly in CF but has been great since about the 10th game and has good range. I'd say the defense is average with a chance at being better than average towards the end of the year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jvmillion83 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 pm

Someone pointed this out in the beginning of the season, but this could be start to something serious... something similar to early 90s Braves. Mike Maddux as pitching coach with a loaded staff. They have best record in baseball AND this team has not even played up to its potential yet, not even close. Dave Bush has been wildly inconsistent so far. Ben Sheets has been mediocre at best. The hitting actually has been cold for alot of year. We still have yet to see Braun and Gallardo step into key roles later on in the season. Its only been the bullpen carrying them. Believe the hype. This team is for real.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:56 pm

jvmillion83 wrote:They have best record in baseball AND this team has not even played up to its potential yet, not even close. Dave Bush has been wildly inconsistent so far. Ben Sheets has been mediocre at best. The hitting actually has been cold for alot of year.

You have to be careful with these kinds of statements. While Sheets and Bush have struggled, Claudio Vargas (3.68 ERA), Jeff Suppan (2.55), and Chris Capuano (2.90) have pitched exceedingly well compared to career averages. Offensively, Geoff Jenkins, Kevin Mench, and JJ Hardy have all been hitting over their heads.

I think the big positive, though, is that this team is 18-9 with their ace, their leadoff hitter, and their cleanup hitter struggling for the most part. What that tells me is that there is depth and balance top to bottom. Guys are picking each other up. That helps lend consistency and stability over the course of 162 games, even if certain individuals are flucuating significantly.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RynMan » Thu May 03, 2007 12:01 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
RynMan wrote:

8-o

Thanks Rynman. My brother placed those bets for me @ the Hilton Feb 20th. Hope no hard feelings and good luck to your A's this year.

Of course not man! We're all adults here (though I don't feel like one most of the time). You too with the Sox. :-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ender » Sat May 05, 2007 10:00 pm

First team in baseball to reach 20 wins!
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Scooter1027 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:02 pm

Ender wrote:First team in baseball to reach 20 wins!

Hells yeah! And with one more against Pitt and 3 against Washington, there's a chance to pump that up some more. That would be nice to have with a tough road stretch coming up.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers