are any MLB players known to play fantasy baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

are any MLB players known to play fantasy baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed May 02, 2007 12:06 am

tgalv wrote:fantasy football is like fantasy sports for idiots

Yeah, but I love to be an idiot ever fall/winter.

The best story about a player who played fantasy was Chris Cooley who scored a career high 3 TDs against Dallas to help Washington to a 35-7 win. Unfortunately, Cooley's fantasy opponent owned him so Cooley's team was eliminated from the fantasy playoffs (semifinals I believe) by his own performance.

Fantasy baseball is a much much much much much better and more artful game.

I still like the NFL, on the whole, better than the MLB, but I couldn't live without either one.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed May 02, 2007 1:01 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:

Yeah, but I love to be an idiot ever fall/winter.

The best story about a player who played fantasy was Chris Cooley who scored a career high 3 TDs against Dallas to help Washington to a 35-7 win. Unfortunately, Cooley's fantasy opponent owned him so Cooley's team was eliminated from the fantasy playoffs (semifinals I believe) by his own performance.

Fantasy baseball is a much much much much much better and more artful game.

I still like the NFL, on the whole, better than the MLB, but I couldn't live without either one.

haha was just about to post this. it was great when i found out about this. i would think pros playing fantasy is a form of gambling in a way so should be illegal for them to play their own sport. i guess maybe not if they dont put money on it but seems like a fine line
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 02, 2007 4:08 am

ive never liked fantasy football as much because if most of your top 5 picks are busts, you're pretty much done. less players play on a regular basis for football. theres always dozens of surprise players in baseball that can lift a team to a championship. Its fun trying to research and try to find the next elite baseball players; in football your just trying to find players who are going to get playing time
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:41 am

eftda wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:

Elaborate....? Just because there are only 16games/yr??

:-?

because its mostly luck. You draft RB RB QB WR RB and your done.

I wouldnt recommend drafting a QB in the 3rd....unless Peyton is still around. :-P

I shouldnt have even said anything with this being the FB board and all.

Ive played FF for 6 yrs and FB for 3 and love them both but for me FF is king. FB is just too long.......
TN_Titans_05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rounders » Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 am

I don't find football to be a luck game (as much as fantasy baseball is a game of luck due to all the injuries). For the past 5 years, me and 1 other friend have been in the top 3 spots every year in my league. I lost my 1st rounder (Portis) to injury and still finished 1st in the regular season and 2nd in the playoffs this year. You have to research, pick up sleepers and hot players, and play the matchups against poor defenses. I love fantasy football, but probably just a little less than fantasy baseball (i don't like the down time throughout the week).
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Wed May 02, 2007 10:47 am

Fantasy Football is just fantasy lite. Its fun since all the games happen the same day and the season is shorter but it completely lacks any sort of depth that fantasy baseball has.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bceagles04 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:54 am

Ender wrote:Fantasy Football is just fantasy lite. Its fun since all the games happen the same day and the season is shorter but it completely lacks any sort of depth that fantasy baseball has.

Agreed however the big negative for FF is the fact that the games are only once a week where as in FB, games are all the time!!!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SweetAurillia » Wed May 02, 2007 1:31 pm

Yah thats what I love about baseball, every team plays a game everyday. Unlike basketball where theres days only one, two, or no teams play on a certain day. This is my first year playing baseball after enjoying fantasy basketball so much and I'm loving it. There's so much depth to baseball and a ton of sleepers ;-D
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hot4tx » Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm

I've been in a fantasy engineering league for several years now. It hasn't quite taken off like baseball, but it's bound to grab America. Whee!!!
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby denicola_dominates » Wed May 02, 2007 1:41 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:1. Baseball is a far superior game overall.

2. TONS more strategy, more fun to play baseball as a fantasy sport because of that. In fantasy football you show up, try to get 3 of the top 10-15 RB's and you can typically march to your championship. 6th Graders can figure it out. FB is like a season-long game of matching wits with your league rivals.

3. The draft/auction is way more fun with baseball, because there's such a deep player pool to choose from.

4. You don't have to draft kickers in fantasy baseball.

5. 162 vs. 16, games played everyday vs. once a week, which also equates to a longer season of smack-talking.

yes but gentlemen, luck can also be beneficial and also very taboo yet highly fun and easy, thus fantasy football was the most original and i believe the superior game, with more players and more leagues around the globe. :-D
"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." -Yogi Berra

denicola_dominates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers