Who will have a better Career?

Brandon Wood
5%
Justin Upton
95%

Total votes : 22

J.Upton vs B.Wood

Postby NYMetsGM » Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 pm

Who do you think will have a better Career?
NYMetsGM
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Tue May 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Justin Upton. But i think that Upton will have a better career than Maybin, Butler, Bruce, Longoria, Pence, and just about every other top position prospect.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby High Heater » Tue May 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Upton by far....

no dis to Wood who i think will mirror Troy Glaus career, but Upton is in another field.

i think Upton has the potential to be the best prospect of any hitter however i am still undecided if he will eclipse Butler, Maybin, Longoria and crew... we'll see though all those prospects are elite in my eyes.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby roamwood » Thu May 03, 2007 10:14 am

Wood is going to be a .270 - .280 Career Hitter...not a .250 like Glaus. He has also been called back up which is nice.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu May 03, 2007 10:50 am

Upton no doubt. Wood's Ks are worrisome.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Thu May 03, 2007 1:50 pm

roamwood wrote:Wood is going to be a .270 - .280 Career Hitter...not a .250 like Glaus. He has also been called back up which is nice.

i doubt it but we'll see, what makes you think he will be a .280 hitter in the bigs....
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby roamwood » Thu May 03, 2007 1:55 pm

His swing isnt as long as Glaus' swing. He makes hard contact with a fairly small frame. As his frame increases in size his swing will be able to be even more compact and still create power. I dont have any allusions of him being a .300+ hitter, but I think in his prime he will be hitting .280 or so with unreal power numbers. There are few players in the majors right now that have his kind of power at his size. I could see him posted similar lines to an Alfonso Soriano with about half the steals. 40/20 perhaps...
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thedude » Thu May 03, 2007 2:33 pm

roamwood wrote:His swing isnt as long as Glaus' swing. He makes hard contact with a fairly small frame. As his frame increases in size his swing will be able to be even more compact and still create power. I dont have any allusions of him being a .300+ hitter, but I think in his prime he will be hitting .280 or so with unreal power numbers. There are few players in the majors right now that have his kind of power at his size. I could see him posted similar lines to an Alfonso Soriano with about half the steals. 40/20 perhaps...

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball