12yr (AL & NL East) needs one more in S. Maine (5X5, keeper) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

12yr (AL & NL East) needs one more in S. Maine (5X5, keeper)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12yr (AL & NL East) needs one more in S. Maine (5X5, keeper)

Postby Hitdogs » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:42 am

Hi all,

If you are the type of guy who looks forward to the Sporting News Fantasy Baseball magazine in January or the Baseball America top 10 prospect reports that are coming out now, then this league is for you. This isn't the type of league that you have to decide between keeping A Rod or Barry Bonds, please, but the type of league where you actually do the homework and find the diamonds in the rough that win championships such as the Marcus Giles's, Angel Berroa's, or Johan Santana's. Don't get me wrong, there are enough chuckleheads in this league to make you look good but to win the league it takes the kind of person who really sleeps and breathes fantasy baseball.

We hold a draft on the first Sunday in April and the draft is located at the Olympia Sports offices in Westbrook, Maine which is right off of exit 8. The draft is an all day affair which starts at 8 in the morning and ends around 4 in the afternoon with a barbecue in between. Like I mentioned in the subject line, the league is a 5 X 5 keeper league with all the AL clubs and the NL east. We will be adding two teams and currently we have one vacany, what we are advertising, to bring us to fifteen. The draft pool will include Florida and Philly players for the first time. You have a budget of $260 to fill 23 spots, 14 hitters and 9 pitchers. After the draft there is a 17 round supplemental draft where owners pick the remaing MLB players that weren't drafted, prospects, or players from Japan or elsewhere, just as long as they are not affiliated with the other NL clubs outside of the NL east. The cost to join the league is $100 and there will be a pool of $1,400, $100 to pay for the website through TQ stats, to pay the top four finishers. First place is half of the total pool.

I've tried a few other leagues in the past 12 years to see if I was missing anything and I can tell you if you live in northern New England and are looking for a competitive, fun rotisserie league then you need look no farther. If you interested please contact me at mailto:jasfed@yahoo.com. Thanks for taking the time to read the post.

Jason ;-D

There is a lot of information to
Hitdogs

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Classifieds