Today We're all Colorado Rockies Fans! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Francisco Giants

Today We're all Colorado Rockies Fans!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Today We're all Colorado Rockies Fans!

Postby Diggs » Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 am

Well, at least all my fellow Tim Lincecum owners are. ;-D

Russ Ortiz is getting the start tonight for SF and enters today with a 2-1 record, but with a 4.50 era. And while he is averaging almost 7 innings per start; he also has given up 33 hits in his 26 innings of work. However, he has only walked 7 batters. So there is definitely some "good with the bad" here.

You can say that Ortiz is lucky to have even the numbers he does have as he has been living on the edge a little. In his last start Ortiz allowed 10 baserunners in the first three innings but allowed only three runs and worked out of a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the third. Another soft-hit single or two and that game gets broken wide-open as does Ortiz's era.

An Ortiz implosion is probably all that stands in the way of Tim Lincecum being called up by SF (it might take two but one real big one can do it). While I never like to find joy in somebody else's misery; I will make an exception here. ;-)

Garrett Atkins, Todd Helton, Matt Holiday ...... you have been called upon! :-D
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadMobius » Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 am

as an owner of both Atkins and Lincecum I only have one word for this post...

helleffinyeah!!!
MadMobius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to San Francisco Giants