Last Place Teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Last Place Teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last Place Teams

Postby icedearth5999 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:06 am

I was wondering something, im baseing this question off of a 12 teams mixed yahoo league:

when a team is in last place, the owner of that team just walks away, this means that some great players are lost to the league. any trade you offer will never get responded to because the ower has simply stop checking his or her team.

I feel that if someone is out of the race and wants to walk away, they should drop the good players on the team, so that the owners that are still playing everyday can have the chance to pick them up.

Is this something that would be good for the league or bad?
icedearth5999
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last Place Teams

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 01, 2007 11:45 am

icedearth5999 wrote:I was wondering something, im baseing this question off of a 12 teams mixed yahoo league:

when a team is in last place, the owner of that team just walks away, this means that some great players are lost to the league. any trade you offer will never get responded to because the ower has simply stop checking his or her team.

I feel that if someone is out of the race and wants to walk away, they should drop the good players on the team, so that the owners that are still playing everyday can have the chance to pick them up.

Is this something that would be good for the league or bad?

First off, it's bad for the league when a team goes dead like that, but it's worse for the league if that team drops all of his players and leaves superstars out there for the highest waiver priorities. I have a personal policy not to trade with "dead teams" and I've vetoed many deals that appeared to be close in value because it was obvious that the team giving up a little more hadn't paid attention in over a month.

It sucks to see these good players rot away, but it would suck worse to throw off the balance of the league by giving the high waiver priority teams extra superstars.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner