Yankee fans should... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankee fans should...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankee fans should...

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:34 pm

Tonight on Pardon the Interruption, while discussing the Clemens signing, Mike Wilbon said "Yankee fans should shut up!"

What do you Yankee fans think about that?
Are Yankee fans getting a bad rap?
or are they the Evil Empire; have more money than God; are destroying the game for eveybody else; complain too much; are obnoxious; are now getting what they deserve; a bit of their own medicine; thank God O'Neill retired; are full of themselves........
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yankee fans should...

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Tonight on Pardon the Interruption, while discussing the Clemens signing, Mike Wilbon said "Yankee fans should shut up!"

What do you Yankee fans think about that?
Are Yankee fans getting a bad rap?
or are they the Evil Empire; have more money than God; are destroying the game for eveybody else; complain too much; are obnoxious; are now getting what they deserve; a bit of their own medicine; thank God O'Neill retired; are full of themselves........

maybe this should be in the Yankee forum ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Re: Yankee fans should...

Postby kentx12 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Tonight on Pardon the Interruption, while discussing the Clemens signing, Mike Wilbon said "Yankee fans should shut up!"

Wonderful advise. I love Wilbon ;-D ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:20 pm

You do not supply an emoticon with the proper finger extended to properly reply to Mr. Wilbon.

I really could care less what Clemens did. All he really managed to do was destroy any respect he had managed to earn over the past few years with the Yankees and with their fans. He was already counted as gone and retired, so who cares that he is pitching for Houston. Just the 2-faced nature of it that has some Yankee fans upset. I think it is fair to say Mr. Clemens will not be receiveing any honors from the Yankees once his career is really over. And I doubt there will be any push by Yankee brass to have Clemens enter the Hall as a Yankee. Whatever happens in that regard will be up to CLeemsn and the HOF and I suspect George will be very silent on the issue.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bell » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:43 pm

Unretire and keep the Hummer, dominate the Yankees in the World Series, and complete the trifecta by wearing the "B" into the HOF. ;-D
Last edited by bell on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:43 pm

Wilbon is a big-time racist. I put absolutely no stock in what he says because it's generally said with arrogance and ignorance. He has no clue how the bulk of Yankee fans have reacted. Many fans like myself just don't care. In fact, it probably makes many of the Yankee fans that hated Clemens feel vindicated.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bell » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:46 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:Wilbon is a big-time racist. I put absolutely no stock in what he says because it's generally said with arrogance and ignorance. He has no clue how the bulk of Yankee fans have reacted. Many fans like myself just don't care. In fact, it probably makes many of the Yankee fans that hated Clemens feel vindicated.

:-?

So you attack his "arrogance and ignorance" with.....arrogance and ignorance?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers