Rickie Weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rickie Weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rickie Weeks

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Does anyone know why he is not in the lineup again today? I can't seem to find any injury reports anywhere.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Radio reports of a nicked finger on the throwing hand. Nothing big. Most likely just sitting a couple days because he was in a bit of a slump, like Yost did sitting Hall 2 straight games earlier this season.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:21 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Radio reports of a nicked finger on the throwing hand. Nothing big. Most likely just sitting a couple days because he was in a bit of a slump, like Yost did sitting Hall 2 straight games earlier this season.


Yost is extremely annoying with his lineup. Hart sitting again today. I mean come on.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:26 pm

injuries and player updates are your friend ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=279526
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:injuries and player updates are your friend ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=279526


I'm a n00b
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby ROC AllStars » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Any word on when Weeks will play again? I guess its hard for me to see that he's slumping a little, his PPG in my fantasy league are really high despite his low batting average. Thanks for the updates!
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2068
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby imblotto » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Ned Yost apologizes for not tending toward you fantasy baseball needs. :-b
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 330
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Yoda wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:Radio reports of a nicked finger on the throwing hand. Nothing big. Most likely just sitting a couple days because he was in a bit of a slump, like Yost did sitting Hall 2 straight games earlier this season.


Yost is extremely annoying with his lineup. Hart sitting again today. I mean come on.


I partially agree. I would love to see some more Hart, but look at what the OFs are doing:

Kevin Mench .348, 2 HR, 10 RBI
Geoff Jenkins .338, 4 HR, 11 RBI
Corey Hart .278, 1 HR, 6 RBI
Gabe Gross .261, 1 HR, 4 RBI (.438 OBP, .916 OPS)
Tony Gwynn .368 (.455 OBP)

Hart has the lowest OPS in the OF. I don't expect it to end that way, but the rotation's working and he's playing the hot hands.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seniorpaul » Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 am

Scooter1027 wrote:look at what the OFs are doing:

Kevin Mench .348, 2 HR, 10 RBI
Geoff Jenkins .338, 4 HR, 11 RBI
Corey Hart .278, 1 HR, 6 RBI
Gabe Gross .261, 1 HR, 4 RBI (.438 OBP, .916 OPS)
Tony Gwynn .368 (.455 OBP)

Hart has the lowest OPS in the OF. I don't expect it to end that way, but the rotation's working and he's playing the hot hands.


I think Hart/Jenkins/Mench owners are going to be frustrated for most of the season. With Jenkins and Mench's hot bats, it's hard for Yost to sit either of them, but they don't want Hart to sit either as he's going to be in Milwaukee longer than the others and want him to continue to develope. I'm hoping Jenkins gets traded for MR help personnaly.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1401
Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact