El Duque to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

El Duque to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

EL DUQUE

Postby Guzman24 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Just watching the Mets/Nats game and the commentator just reported that El Duque had returned to NY because of some tightness in his pitching shoulder.

His status is still uncertain for tomorrow nights start.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dundeeslugger » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:56 pm

I had just read that on Rotoworld. I was thinking of picking him up for his 2 starts. Guess I won't be doing that.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Xanadu » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:54 pm

If anybody hears anything else about this please post it here. I was going to start him because of his 2-start status this week. I've benched him for now and replaced him with Maine and Shields to cover the 2 starts. Now that I think about it that might work out better for me.

Peace, Eric B-)
Eric The Shrubber - I design and sell shrubberies!
Xanadu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm too slow. Not a good two start pitcher option anymore.

Latest News

CBS SportsLine Rotoworld

Mets SP Orlando Hernandez flew to New York on Sunday to have a doctor check out pain in his pitching shoulder. Hernandez (2-1) is scheduled to start Monday at home against the Florida Marlins. He told the Mets about his shoulder when he arrived at RFK Stadium before Sunday's game against the Washington Nationals, general manager Omar Minaya said. Hernandez threw a bullpen session Saturday. "We'll see what the doctor says," Minaya said.
(Updated 04/29/2007).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
The GM didn't say what the team would do if Hernandez isn't able to start Monday. One possibility could be to push rookie right-hander Mike Pelfrey up a day from his scheduled outing Tuesday. El Duque is scheduled to be a two-start pitcher for Fantasy Week 5 (April 30-May 6), so this injury puts his status in jeopardy for the upcoming scoring period. If you can afford to roll the dice on Hernandez, do so. He has been an effective Fantasy option this season.
More SportsLine News
Mets SP Orlando Hernandez flew to New York on Sunday to have a doctor check out pain in his pitching shoulder. Hernandez (2-1) is scheduled to start Monday at home against the Florida Marlins. He told the Mets about his shoulder when he arrived at RFK Stadium before Sunday's game against the Washington Nationals, general manager Omar Minaya said. Hernandez threw a bullpen session Saturday. "We'll see what the doctor says," Minaya said.
(Updated 04/29/2007).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
The GM didn't say what the team would do if Hernandez isn't able to start Monday. One possibility could be to push rookie right-hander Mike Pelfrey up a day from his scheduled outing Tuesday. El Duque is scheduled to be a two-start pitcher for Fantasy Week 5 (April 30-May 6), so this injury puts his status in jeopardy for the upcoming scoring period. If you can afford to roll the dice on Hernandez, do so. He has been an effective Fantasy option this season.
More SportsLine News
Orlando Hernandez was sent back to New York Sunday after complaining of tightness in his right shoulder.
(Updated4/29/2007)
IMPACT
Hernandez is still scheduled to start tomorrow night against the Marlins, but his status is very much in doubt. "He said he felt something in his shoulder area," general manager Omar Minaya said. "We'll see what the doctors say." Jorge Sosa could be called up to replace him.
Fantasy News and Information Provided by

INJURY REPORT

Shoulder - Questionable for April 30 start vs. Florida
(Updated - 4/29/07)
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Xanadu » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll keep him stashed on my bench for now.

Peace, Eric B-)
Eric The Shrubber - I design and sell shrubberies!
Xanadu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Mets pitcher Orlando Hernandez was scratched from Monday night's start against Florida and placed on the DL with bursitis in his right shoulder.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

El Duque to DL

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 pm

per WFAN radio, bursitis
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates