Obvious holes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Obvious holes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Obvious holes

Postby Dodgerbluesc » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:13 pm

I've been doing well in a very competetive league to date, however recently the league leader just dealt Pujols and bolstered his already solid team by adding Beltran, Berkman, Bedard, Barfield, plus Liriano for next year. Now, my obvious holes at 1B, 3B and SP are starting to concern me. I have a high upside staff, and if I'm ok with punting the B/9 category it might be ok, plus have some help coming off the DL soon enough. I was looking for ideas on what I can afford to move for a 1B or 3B to replace Dmitri Young and Pedro Feliz. Do I need to make a move? My offense has placed in the top 3 all season so far. Thanks for any help!

8x8 scoring, categories are as follows: Hitting - AVG, H, RBI, R, HR, D+T, BB, SB. Pitching - ERA, W, QS, BB/9, K/9, H/9, Slg%against, S. Rotisserie style scoring, 2 catchers, 2 1bmen, 2 2bmen, 2 3bmen, 2 SS, 5 OF and one UTL. 6 SP, 2 RP and one UTL pitcher. All 25 players are active and all stats count towards total. 12 team keeper league, 12 keepers per team plus 13 player ML system.
C Piazza
C LoDuca
1B Young
1B Jacobs
2B Utley
2B Weeks
3B Ramirez
3B Feliz
SS Guillen
SS Hall
OF Holliday
OF Lee
OF Cuddyer
OF Pierre
OF Patterson
UTL Green

SP Willis
SP Burnett
SP Snell
SP Lowe
SP Loewen
SP Cabrera
SP Meche
RP Jones
RP Gordon

Currently have BJ Ryan, Josh Johnson, Micah Owings and Mark Mulder on the DL. Also have a few MLers I could consider bringing up this season - Pence, Pie, Garko... Others close to playing include Butler, Gallardo and Lincecum.
Dodgerbluesc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Seattle_Will » Tue May 01, 2007 2:42 am

I think eventually, it will be inevitable to have to upgrade First Base. I see two courses of action:

You could wait it out while your offense as a whole is succeeding, and maybe you wont even have to make a move if Jacobs continues to do well enough and Young does at least a decent job.

You could look at downgrading at Second or Short for the upgrade if your offense starts slipping.

As for pitching, I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. Owings will help when he returns and so will Johnson. It's early enough to wait on them.
Seattle_Will
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team