Oh those small victories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oh those small victories

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oh those small victories

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:35 am

Have you noticed that fantasy baseball isn't just about winning the championship, it's the small victories all throughout the summer. When you're having a great year it seems like every day there's something to look forward to.

Just think of how it feels to have been busy all day and get online and see your guy has a couple big homers, or watching your pitcher pitch a shutout on tv, or seeing your basestealer on first on the computer and just dying to see an update that shows him on 2nd and then frantically checking to make sure it wasn't a wild pitch :-o :-° ;-D

Who says Christmas morning loses it's magic when you get older? It's just moved to draft day!
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Oh those small victories

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:09 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Have you noticed that fantasy baseball isn't just about winning the championship, it's the small victories all throughout the summer. When you're having a great year it seems like every day there's something to look forward to.

Just think of how it feels to have been busy all day and get online and see your guy has a couple big homers, or watching your pitcher pitch a shutout on tv, or seeing your basestealer on first on the computer and just dying to see an update that shows him on 2nd and then frantically checking to make sure it wasn't a wild pitch :-o :-° ;-D

Who says Christmas morning loses it's magic when you get older? It's just moved to draft day!

I agree 100%. As a matter of fact that's one of the things I love about H2H is going up against the loud mouth managers of the league and seeing that i'm up 9-1 or something on them for the week.

Then it's on to the next week where you have more challenges. It's like a new season every week or something.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Arlo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:03 am

Agreed. Hooray for simple pleasures and small victories! :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mightyian5 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:22 am

thats my reason why h2h is my choice. it just seems more intense when your team has a killer day, and your opposition goes 4 for 36 and has 3 losses on the pitching side.
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda 2 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:22 pm

I get to have christmas two times a year :-D
eftda 2

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers