Why cannot I get out of the bottom? WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Why cannot I get out of the bottom? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:38 pm

5x5 Keeper, mixed Roto..Is this a last place type team?

C Varitek
1st Pujols
2nd Kinsler
SS F. Sanchez
3rd Aram
OF Holliday
OF Andruw
OF J. Hamitlon
OF Duffy
OF Adam Lind
DH Konerko
DH Fielder
DH Sosa

P Smoltz
P Dice-K
P C. Zambrano
P D. Wheeler
P Zumaya
P Broxton
P Neshek
P Frasor
P Linebrink

Bench
Clemens
Harden
Clay Hensley
F. Cabrera
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby reenum » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:38 pm

You should make the following moves to improve your squad:

1. Dump Varitek and Duffy: Varitek is not the dependable catcher he once was. I would rather have someone like Ronny Paulino. Duffy is decent for steals, but he's not guaranteed playing time. In a mixed roto league, there is no place for part-timers unless they give you elite production in a tough category.

2. Trade Sosa and Hamilton: Both of these guys have peaked as far as trade value. Use them to improve your hitting and starting pitching.

3. You are speculating too much for saves: You have 2 guys who are closers (Wheeler and Frasor). Wheeler will be the closer in Houston for the foreseeable future, but Frasor is out when Ryan comes back. There is no guarantee that Broxton, Zumaya or Cabrera will get the closer's job. You need to cut bait on a couple of these guys and pick up some SPs.

4. You have too many middle relievers: Unless this is a holds league, there is no reason for you to be rostering Neshek and Linebrink. Keeping these guys instead of getting some SPs hurts you in wins and K's. You need to drop these guys and pick up some SPs.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 pm

I thought for sure with Pujols,Aram,Kinsler,Holliday,Andruw,Konerko,Fielder hitting and Smoltz,Dice-K,Zambrano, Harden,Broxton & Wheeler Pitching Id have a semi competitive team but I can see I may be stuck at the bottom. The 20% mark through the season is soon coming and I can see I'll be struggling in 11th place getting absolutely waxed far far out of even 3-8th place with this team.. Do I shake it up and trade Pujols,Aram,Holliday ect to get a better team?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why cannot I get out of the bottom? WHIR!

Postby The Big Train » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:17 pm

kemper5 wrote:I thought for sure with Pujols,Aram,Kinsler,Holliday,Andruw,Konerko,Fielder hitting and Smoltz,Dice-K,Zambrano, Harden,Broxton & Wheeler Pitching Id have a semi competitive team but I can see I may be stuck at the bottom. The 20% mark through the season is soon coming and I can see I'll be struggling in 11th place getting absolutely waxed far far out of even 3-8th place with this team.. Do I shake it up and trade Pujols,Aram,Holliday ect to get a better team?

You can't be serious. Put the crack pipe away, you have 3 of the best hitters in the game. It's only April 29th!! I agree with much of what reenum said. You have way too many middle relief pitchers and two of your four bench spots are wasted (Hensley and Cabrera). Pujols, Konerko, CZam and Andruw will not continue to underachieve. Be patient, the core of your team is solid.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team