Buy Low: Dave Bush - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buy Low: Dave Bush

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:27 am

He got owned in his first inning this year and was solid the rest of the game. His next start was good but not great. His 3rd start he absolutely dominated but Yost left him in too long and the bullpen let in all 3 runs. His 4th start he had a couple bloop hits get him in trouble followed by a berkman double down the line and the bullpen again letting in all his runners. This is a prime buy low guy, almost a classic example of it.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 03, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm really getting tired of bush right now...he's on 3 out of 5 of my leagues and he's killing me. It always seems like he's going to pull out a gem and then he just blows up. Should we start thinking about dropping him? He seems almost exactly like Vazquez...just finds ways to lose despite having decent stuff and above average WHIP
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsaddict » Thu May 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Ender wrote:He got owned in his first inning this year and was solid the rest of the game. His next start was good but not great. His 3rd start he absolutely dominated but Yost left him in too long and the bullpen let in all 3 runs. His 4th start he had a couple bloop hits get him in trouble followed by a berkman double down the line and the bullpen again letting in all his runners. This is a prime buy low guy, almost a classic example of it.

You can't just keep making excuses for him... He got rocked in his first game. Yes, all in the 1st, but still, he let up 6 runs. His 4th start he again got rocked. You can't just say "well if this happens, and this happens, etc." then he would have had a good game. It just gets to the point where people try to make excuses for Bush because of his good LIMA stats or whatever everyone talks about. Tonight, he was great until he fell apart in the 7th. That's a mediocre start- he still let up 4 runs, no matter where it happened. Let's just face that this guy isn't pitching well. I see him getting better but we had too high of expectations for him.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:54 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
Ender wrote:He got owned in his first inning this year and was solid the rest of the game. His next start was good but not great. His 3rd start he absolutely dominated but Yost left him in too long and the bullpen let in all 3 runs. His 4th start he had a couple bloop hits get him in trouble followed by a berkman double down the line and the bullpen again letting in all his runners. This is a prime buy low guy, almost a classic example of it.

You can't just keep making excuses for him... He got rocked in his first game. Yes, all in the 1st, but still, he let up 6 runs. His 4th start he again got rocked. You can't just say "well if this happens, and this happens, etc." then he would have had a good game. It just gets to the point where people try to make excuses for Bush because of his good LIMA stats or whatever everyone talks about. Tonight, he was great until he fell apart in the 7th. That's a mediocre start- he still let up 4 runs, no matter where it happened. Let's just face that this guy isn't pitching well. I see him getting better but we had too high of expectations for him.

I think our expectations are fine. As the stats show, he can't avoid the big inning. Once he gets past this hiccup, he will be great. Just look at tonight: through 6 he was filthy. Then came the big inning...

Great buy low. I bet most owners will be dropping him
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Thu May 03, 2007 11:47 pm

sportsaddict wrote:

Spoken like someone who loses in fantasy baseball a lot~. I'm not making excuses I'm looking at cause and effect.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby dundeeslugger » Fri May 04, 2007 1:03 am

sportsaddict wrote:

Just like Anthony Reyes. You can keep pointing to some ratios and numbers all you want, but the bottom line, his ERA has been above 5 and a whip over 1.3 for 25 some starts and he has lost over half of his games. He's just a bad pitcher.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby pangbones » Fri May 04, 2007 2:50 am

Just dropped him for Lincecum!! :-o
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri May 04, 2007 9:12 am

The defense behind him can't do anything about the moon shots.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 04, 2007 11:38 am

he was left in too long last night, and it wasnt the first time. the same thing happened back on April 22 to Houston when he had a shutout through 8 and came back out for the 9th.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers